Can't listen to WMP streaming media?

Okay, for some reason I can't listen to WMP streaming media on mtv.com nor does the Media Guide work within WMP .. Any suggestions? I tried the suggestions with Microsoft and none of it worked. =\

You could try a system restore to a time it did work (This fixes many issues)

Good luck

What exactly is happening when you goto mtv's site or the media guide (Maybe the media guide is down (Its data cant be loaded))??

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Click on Tools, Options, and make sure Connect to the Internet is checked. On some machines Windows Media Player thinks it isn't on the Internet and refuses to play anything that streams.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Oh yes i forgot about that!!!

When we got Broadband i had to check "Connect to the internet" on WMP cause it wasnt recognizing the broadband connection as "Being connected".

Realplayer didnt need adjusting but WMP9 did..

Make sure your using WMP11, not that it will help, it's just plain better. :p

wmp11 is horrible in my opinion....

Way over bloated,many un-needed features,etc........ (I odnt like wmp10 either for that matter for the same reason)

wmp9 is the best in the series