Cpanel/WHM question..

My customer has 400mb diskspace and 4000mb bandwidth.

He is making packages that have 600mb diskspace but he is trying to upgrade his own customers accounts to that package (not his own account) but it wont let him.

So I selected this in the reseller settings:
    Bandwidth Limiting Modification (Warning: This will allow circumvention of account package limits if you are not using resource limits)

Quota Modification (Warning: This will allow circumvention of account package limits if you are not using resource limits)

Does these mean he can make packages like 600mb and the customer can use the exact 600mb like if they actully used 600mb or does that just mean he can create packages like that but it wont actully use that?

Because I dont want him using over than what he is paying but he wants to be able to create pacages like that so I want him to be able to do that but not use that amount.. How can I do this or did I already do it right?

It means that he can change the quotas of accounts including his own, the actual resource usage however, is controlled by the WHM setting "resource usage" in the reseller center is WHM.

From what you've said he won't be able to use > 400mb.

So with these selected in the reseller center

"Bandwidth Limiting Modification (Warning: This will allow circumvention of account package limits if you are not using resource limits)"
    &
    "Quota Modification (Warning: This will allow circumvention of account package limits if you are not using resource limits)"

He can change his little 400mb diskspace to what ever he wants on his own package am I correct?

Click the checkbox that says "allow overselling"
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice

But then hes going to go over what hes paying for I dont want that to happen, I only want him to be able to use what he has paid for. 400mb etc.

When you click that box it allows your reseller to allow the creation of packages that are 5gbs in space. Even if he only has 400mbs available to him as a reseller. He can make as large of packages as he wants, but he can't go past the limit that you provided him of 400mbs.
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice