Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Atlanta Datacenters

I would like to get some opinions on Atlanta Datacenters. We are looking to hear about good experiences at DC's that provide good support and do not rip you off on an hourly basis.
      0 Not allowed!

you've got all the rest of us in Atlanta curious.

Where are you now that you are so unhappy with? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it
      0 Not allowed!

Gnax is the only true hosting DC in ATL as far as I know.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by keepr
    Gnax is the only true hosting DC in ATL as far as I know.
    Well then your world is a VERY SMALL ONE.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ATLHostMan
    Well then your world is a VERY SMALL ONE.
    Your world is apparently a rude one.

55/56 marietta, atlantanap and internap are the only onces I am aware of because I cannot remember the name of the big facility outside Atlanta ~100k+ sq.ft I believe.
      0 Not allowed!

I think you're thinking of QualityTech - http://www.qualitytech.com/ - in Suwanee, GA and has a 376,000 sq. ft. facility.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Ashburn, VA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Manchester, UK
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by qps
    I think you're thinking of QualityTech - http://www.qualitytech.com/ - in Suwanee, GA and has a 376,000 sq. ft. facility.
    Quality also recently purchased a 960,000sqft building in town only 200k or so of it is currently DC...

Looks like deltacom all over again

lets not forget AT&T Lithia Springs....
      0 Not allowed!

'only 200k or so of it is currently DC'....... is the rest still boat storage?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    Quality also recently purchased a 960,000sqft building in town only 200k or so of it is currently DC...
    Where is that located?
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!
      0 Not allowed!

QUALITY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PURCHASES 960,000 SQUARE FOOT DATA CENTER
    Additional Atlanta facility meets increasing demand for high-end data center space
    Suwanee, GA – October 3, 2006 - Quality Technology Services (QualityTech), one of the nation’s largest privately held providers of data center facilities and managed services, today announces the acquisition of a 960,000 square foot facility in the downtown Atlanta area. The facility is located at 1033 Jefferson Street in Atlanta, Georgia and was purchased from MetroNexus.

The acquisition is in line with the company’s strategy to grow its national footprint of data centers to meet the growing demand for data center space from corporate customers and is the seventh data center owned by QualityTech. “The addition of this facility to our portfolio expands our Atlanta footprint to over 1.3 million square feet and positions us well to meet the increased demand we are seeing for high capacity and high density data center space from corporate clients,” says Mark Waddington, President of Quality Technology Services. QualityTech has an existing 376,000 square foot facility in Suwanee, Georgia located just 30 miles north of downtown Atlanta.

The Jefferson Street facility, referred to as Quality Metro (Metro), boasts 960,000 square feet of space, which is fed power from an 80 megawatt on-site substation dedicated to the Metro facility. The site has access to all major network providers with a presence in Atlanta. The facility currently houses a 100,000 square foot data center and Quality will be adding 200,000 square feet of additional raised floor in the coming months.

“We are designing the facility to support high-density power and cooling requirements,” says Dave McGirt, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Facility Operations for QualityTech. “High density computing environments such as Blade Servers are having a significant impact on data center power and cooling systems and we are one of the few companies with facilities that can support these loads.”

Specifically, I don't know.

Just doesn't seem like a smart move on their part considering the excess space already in Suwanee
      0 Not allowed!

Just doesn't seem like a smart move on their part considering the excess space already in Suwanee
    They've been on an acquisition spree. Maybe they have some private equity money burning a hole in their pocket.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks. Yeah, Edeltacom or something was the name.
      0 Not allowed!

I give up with coming up with names for them, every year they seem to go out of business
    Jordan Jacobs | VP, Products|SingleHop| JJ @SingleHop.com
    Managed Dedicated Servers | Bare-Metal Servers | Cloud Services
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnax|Jordan
    I give up with coming up with names for them, every year they seem to go out of business
    You mean datacenters going out of business? Well i guess its a trend on hosting business however I know there are a few in Atlanta besides yours that are also good...
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com
      0 Not allowed!

Your very correct some great DCs out here in ATL

I only was talking about Edeltacom - not other datacenters
      0 Not allowed!

I'm currently hosted at gnax, they've been good to me so far!
      0 Not allowed!

The guys in Suwanne that you speak of is called Quality Tech. Their website needs some help but that is not a deal killer. One thing that I like on the surface seems to be that they do not offer competing services. Just Colocation and hands on services.

The current vendor has snagged clients in the past and is about to snag another one here at the end of the month. Okay go for it I say. We simply pull our three cabinets of gear out of their facility all together.

I have also heard that BellSouth has a sweet operation that is open to the public. Does anyone know about that?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnax|Jordan
    The place in Suwanee was e^DeltaCom from day one AFAIK -- which was at least six or more years ago. I toured the facility in 2001, so I know it was around then. It was built during the dot com days when ITCDeltaCom had lofty expectations just like everyone else. ITCDeltaCom (now called DeltaCom) decided to sell e^DeltaCom after Google moved out. No one went out of business in that situation -- e^DeltaCom was sold to QualityTech.

As for the larger data center downtown that QualityTech recently bought, I don't know much about the former owners or the situation regarding the sale.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Where is their downtown purchase located? Is it possible that they simply moved into the old GNAX space?
      0 Not allowed!

Where is their downtown purchase located? Is it possible that they simply moved into the old GNAX space?
    No. The facility is located at 1033 Jefferson St. It's 960,000 sq. ft. according to the press release that was posted previously by WireSix.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

How is the neighborhood in 1033 Jefferson's area. Is it another mugging zone or is it safe for lunch breaks?
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like deltacom all over again

lets not forget AT&T Lithia Springs....
    What do you think of deltacom? I was looking into them for some stuff and they seemed pretty clueless ("Co-location? What's that? I thinking something along the lines of co-workers" 100% TRUE!)
      0 Not allowed!

900k sqft, WOW did they buy the Georgia dome?
      0 Not allowed!

How is the neighborhood in 1033 Jefferson's area. Is it another mugging zone or is it safe for lunch breaks?

that is one block south of crackhoe area. very bad neighborhood.

I drive through there on my way to graybar and I would not stop if I did not have to.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

SagoNet has a facility about 20 minutes outside the city, might want to contact them... Address is:

4311 Communications Dr NW
    Norcross, GA 30093

Its in a good area of town too
    -steve
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast