Stargate is Directi Reseller?

Hey guys,
    I got set up with a Stargate.com reseller account today at the price of $6.95. After checking things out, Stargate's System looks just like a Directi reseller panel. I thought I remember reading that Stargate was ICANN accredited -- being their own registrar.

Can someone enlighten me a bit?

Kyle

the are an independant ICANN accredited registrar. They just happen to use the same LogicBoxes control panel as Directi.
    Signature Under Construction.

Ok great! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    the are an independant ICANN accredited registrar.
    In many ways superior to Directi.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    They just happen to use the same LogicBoxes control panel as Directi.
    And THAT'S unfortunate...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh

Yep, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by webpromo
    Yep, agreed.
    I did email support about the lack of having their own control panel. They couldn't seem to understand why I hated the logicboxes control panel so much...

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldp
    I did email support about the lack of having their own control panel. They couldn't seem to understand why I hated the logicboxes control panel so much...
    What support has to do with the decision which control panel to use? Sometimes I don't quite understand some people...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

What support has to do with the decision which control panel to use? Sometimes I don't quite understand some people...
    It WASN'T just a nobody support tech. I communicated my frustrations to the owner. Maybe it wasn't the owner but it had to be someone higher up considering he is listed in the whois for the domain. I just said support because I have a habit of using that word to clump everyone in to it.

Don't believe that I'm stupid enough just to tell a support tech who just wouldn't care. Although I believe that most of their technical people probably hate logicboxes more than the owner would considering they have to use it all the time in the normal course of their job...
    Last edited by macdonaldp; 11-29-2006 at 10:18 AM.

In many ways superior to Directi.

What's that bad about directi? Can you share, please? I've been recommended to work with them, nice pricing, use pay pal...

Quote Originally Posted by lorem ipsum
    What's that bad about directi? Can you share, please? I've been recommended to work with them, nice pricing, use pay pal...
    There is really nothing wrong with directi really but certainly the logicboxes system they developed (control panel to administer domains) needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by xxkylexx
    Hey guys,
    I got set up with a Stargate.com reseller account today at the price of $6.95. After checking things out, Stargate's System looks just like a Directi reseller panel. I thought I remember reading that Stargate was ICANN accredited -- being their own registrar.

Can someone enlighten me a bit?

Kyle
    I am new to StarGate. Transfer Reseller from BulkRegister/eNom.

Their software is the same but they are their own ICANN Registar.

Also, from waht I have read StarGate has a better price with the $6.95 rate and even better transfer price of $5.95.

I think working with their Control Panel will take some time to go through the learning curve but it is workable. Not as easy as the old BulkRegister Control Panel. But that is a dead issue now.

So far I have been happy with StarGate.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Yes but if they provide the same API than directI, good luck... They dont have the easiest system.... BulkRegister had a very easy API...

Quote Originally Posted by sunray69
    Yes but if they provide the same API than directI, good luck... They dont have the easiest system.... BulkRegister had a very easy API...

BulkRegister is DEAD

But I agree BulkRegister "had" a very good interface and produce for Resellers. I was very happy there.

But, since I was forced to look around I think both StarGate and SRSPlus offer a good product at a price that can make up for any differences I need to adjust to.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Ireland,

Did you have a look at the srsplus.com API, we are also old BulkRegister... I amtrying to figure an easy API to use...

I have emailed StarGate 3 times with no response... Does anyone know what's going on... Am I just unlucky?

Quote Originally Posted by tomyknoker
    I have emailed StarGate 3 times with no response... Does anyone know what's going on... Am I just unlucky?
    I am very surprised you have not heard back from them.

Try a phone call at:
    Toll Free: 1-800-282-6541
    Local: 1-630-369-1651

Or Open a Ticket on Support.
    I do not think you need to be a Reseller to sign on and ask questions.
    http://support.stargate.com/support-center/

Personally the longest I ever waited for a reply was about 10 hours and that was over-night on Thanksgiving weekend.

Also, check the WHT member ID [Stargate.com] his name is Tom.
    Send him a PM.

Strange that you have not heard back from them.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunray69
    Ireland,

Did you have a look at the srsplus.com API, we are also old BulkRegister... I amtrying to figure an easy API to use...
    Personally I have not.

I only have about 25 Domains at SRSPlus and do not need an API for what I do. They do have a free demo at [http://www.srsplus.com/en-def-65ffbf...emo_popup.cgi] which you can tryout. Take a look and see. Let us know your impression?

Most of my Domains are at StarGate. I only have about 8 Domains left at BulkRegister/eNom and they will be transfered in January 2007.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com