How do you get your traffic

Hi, can anyone give me advise on getting more traffic to websites/

I have got meta tags and submitted my site to search engines, but is there anything else i can do??

Thanx, Matt.

word of mouth and sponsor sites and give away banners and flyers.

Trading links with other sites focusing on the same subject matter will help you on search engones.

Search engines.

Word of mouth works for me since my sites for local peaple well i try to keep it that way.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

my best traffic and the one that best converts to sales comes from google.

My visitors come from Yahoo mostly, since it is one of the most popular search engines. It took a year and a half to get into it, though. I remember waking up one Saturday morning really early to have a message saying that my site had been added.

Other than that, I don't do anything. I have submitted to dozens of search engines, but none recently. I actually don't even want to maintain the site anymore, and haven't for quite awhile, but it is the only one for the singer it is on and I don't want to take it down for that reason alone, I feel like I am removing one of his few means of support. Oh well.

I don't care for "traffic". I want folks hopping on my site who have come from a referral from their friend and they're ready to buy.

Our sales come from - "from a friend" >> "Google" >> "online forums" >> "other search engines"

"from a friend" is the best.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I but on my lost puppy look and beg
    For a great new forum please click on my weblink.
    ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
    VISIT ME AT
    http://www.jmdsforum.com

I generate most of my traffic from listings in various link directories. (Not search engine directories.)

Put some of those "Want your own website?"/"Work from home!" signs up on streetposts. It's kind of a cheesy way to start, but you tap into an untapped resource somewhat with the local folks.

Anything's worth a try once.
    - joey

Isnt is compulsory for you to pay for the subscribtion to be included in Yahoo?

Originally posted by secludo
    My visitors come from Yahoo mostly, since it is one of the most popular search engines. It took a year and a half to get into it, though. I remember waking up one Saturday morning really early to have a message saying that my site had been added.

Other than that, I don't do anything. I have submitted to dozens of search engines, but none recently. I actually don't even want to maintain the site anymore, and haven't for quite awhile, but it is the only one for the singer it is on and I don't want to take it down for that reason alone, I feel like I am removing one of his few means of support. Oh well.

Quality content/exchanging links, and good keyword ranks in google.

Originally posted by Joey
    Put some of those "Want your own website?"/"Work from home!" signs up on streetposts. It's kind of a cheesy way to start, but you tap into an untapped resource somewhat with the local folks.

Anything's worth a try once.
    That's actually illegal in Queensland.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

You know i've never seen a sign in the street for web hosting or domain names, if i ever did i would certainly go with them since if anything goes wrong i know i can easily find the company couse it must not be far.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.