Shoutcast Hosting for Christmas

Looking to run a Shoutcast Stream for the Christmas Season (or Politically Correct - Holiday Season). Looking for some great deals on 64kbps streaming and 24kbps streaming. Last Year, I had close to 1300 listeners online listening at one time (between both streams). This year, I'm looking to increase that if the listeners tune in.

just snag a 100 mbps unmetered server. That should be enough and cover the bandwidth.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelized
    just snag a 100 mbps unmetered server. That should be enough and cover the bandwidth.
    Agreed, just make sure it has some processing power just in case ;-)

I've been looking everywhere for a Dedicated 100mbps server, but almost everything I am able to find will cap you to 10-20mbps if you sustain a certain amount of bandwidth over a period of time, so in reality, they're giving you 'burstable' bandwidth, not 'dedicated'. Thoughts?

> they're giving you 'burstable' bandwidth, not 'dedicated'. Thoughts?

Yeah I have a thought. You have to pay for what you use. Get a server and pay for a 100 mb connection.

Anon-e-hostman

No Crap you have to pay for what you use, I DON'T FIND ANYONE OFFERING DEDICATED 100MBPS! I'm WILLING to pay for what I need, your post was useless.

E-mail choopa.com and I'm sure they can set something custom for you. We're colocated with them, and they offer excellent bandwidth and support. They definately aren't the cheapest, but it looks like you're willing to pay for quality.

rodin,

What you're running into is "shared port" offers which alot of places do currently. There are however plenty who offer both, as well as those who offer just dedicated bandwidth. I'd suggest looking around and sending some sales emails. Couple things to ask:

What bandwidth mix would I be getting?
    How much do you charge per MBit? (so you have an idea if it'd be better to go with say 50MBit and upgrade if needed....)

Obviously there's plenty more to ask but those two should give you a good idea where to begin. I'll leave it at expect to be paying a fair price for 100MBit unmetered, unless you intend to use it almost all the time it might be better to get something a bit lower and have them rate your port to allow periodic bursts.
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

expect to pay at least 1000 but more likely 2000 a month if you plan on using it 24/7
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?