hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Blurstorm

Forum Jump

Blurstorm

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Blurstorm

HI All,

I am considering moving my sites to blurstorm.com and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on them.

Do you use them and if so what has been your experience of them?

Does anyone have anything negative to say about them?

Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Take care, Keith

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Everything in life is swelly

Try searching WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php or try your luck on Google to search for reviews on them. Obviously you will most likely find one or two negative reviews (that is with any web hosting provider)

Do they offer a money back guarantee?
Does their plans fit your needs?

If so, then go for it.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Hello Keith

Welcome to WHT, Never hear of them, however try googling about their domain.

DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001 - Toll Free:*1-877-384-6781*

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Hi HostFrog,

I already did a search of this forum but nothing much came up

They do offer a money back guarantee but offering one and actually getting one are two different things.

Yes they do meet my needs.

I am just after some personal experiences of people who may have used them.

Research is everything in my book, hence my post

Take care, Keith

Old 11-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

If you can't find anything on WHT nor anywhere else yet you're still considering them, then give it a shot.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Hello keith, and welcome to WHT! I remember hearing some not so good things about them here on WHT, are you sure you tried other possible search strings to find them?

Good Luck & Best Regards,

-Shaun-

Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

HI Shaun,

I am not saying I did not find anything on them here, I did but not a lot

There were some bad and some good

Just looking for some more input.

Take care, Keith

Old 11-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Hi sTag-Dan,

Research is everything my friend.

It is not a case of give them a shot, I would not be doing myself or the people I work for any great service by just giving them a shot and hoping for the best.

I am considering them yes but I want all the info I cant get on them before making a decision.

Take care, Keith

Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Web Hosting Master

If you don't mind that I ask you, why are you considering them over others if you don't hear much about them?

Old 11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedito
If you don't mind that I ask you, why are you considering them over others if you don't hear much about them?
Like I have said I am just researching them at the moment, trying to find out more about them and there service.

I have looked at others and I went through the same process with them.

I don't just go for someone just because they are cheap or offer great packages or because they have a flashy web site, I look at the whole package.

I just want to find out more about these people before any decision is made to see if they make it to the next stage, a short list if you like.

Take care, Keith

Old 11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
If everyone would think like that, wouldn't that mean absolutely no webhosting company (or many others throughout the world) would get off the ground? Pretty much all innovation and competition would be stifled.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK-Anthony
If everyone would think like that, wouldn't that mean absolutely no webhosting company (or many others throughout the world) would get off the ground? Pretty much all innovation and competition would be stifled.
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would choose a well know host instead of one that I never hear about it, also, I can't see anything special on their site that may call my attention on the packages even the design looks amateur.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I would choose a well know host instead of one that I never hear about it, also, I can't see anything special on their site that may call my attention on the packages even the design looks amateur.

How you, me or anyone else like or dislike how a site is designed, is subjective. It's a storefront, and how people feel about it, is up to them.

While I agree on the reputation aspect, if it weren't for consumers taking some amount of risk, not many companies would come off the ground. I've seen many small hosting companies, without reputations, bring innovation and competition to the industry, and only then do they get well-known. It's a catch-22...

Old 11-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
How you, me or anyone else like or dislike how a site is designed, is subjective. It's a storefront, and how people feel about it, is up to them.
I never said beautiful or ugly, I said, amateur.

Quote:
While I agree on the reputation aspect, if it weren't for consumers taking some amount of risk, not many companies would come off the ground. I've seen many small hosting companies, without reputations, bring innovation and competition within the industry, and only then do they get well-known. It's a catch-22...
Sure thing, but you usually try a new product when you find something special about it. And that's the reason of my question, never hear of them, I can't see anything special on their plans, plus their site looks amateur.
But, of course, that's just me.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
But, of course, that's just me.
Well, there we go, that's what I wanted to hear

What's good for me, can be bad for you, and vice-versa. Same thing could be said about amateurish

Anyways, sorry about the thread hijacking..I hope the OP finds what he's looking for.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted