cPanel newbie - which dir do I put web files in?

Yes, I realize that I shouldn't even be asking this question... but I have never used cPanel before.

I have setup my account/domain name. Now I am using the File Manger to upload some files (I have not switched over the nameservers yet - otherwise I would use an FTP program). So, here is my question:

Using the File Manager in cPanel, which folder do I want to put the web files in? I assume that it is the 'www' folder.. or is it the 'public_html' folder?

thanks

You want to put them in the public_html folder.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

thanks tina

Not a problem. Feel free to poke around our Knowledge Base for more cPanel information. No obligation to purchase anything at all. They're just your generic, run of the mill, cPanel FAQs.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

since I am using the File Manager to upload files... Do I have to upload files one at a time (manually) or is there a way for me upload entire directories?

thanks

With the file manager, there's the option to upload more than one file, however not simultaneously. And, if you were uploading anything bigger than the limit on the server...your SOL. If I were you, I'd go ahead and get a free ftp program, something like smart ftp, it will make things much easier, and faster for you
    -DPI
    Chicago's #1 Datacenter Technician

I have an FTP program.. but I didn't think I would be able to upload the files via FTP until the nameservers are set. Is that correct?

Or can I use the IP address and upload files via FTP that way? that would be MUCH easier than what I am doing right now

a-HA! I was able to login using the IP address.. Don't know why I didn't try that in the first place! Thanks man.

You can upload your new files with an FTP program.
    Did you receive a welcome letter with instructions from your host company.

State something like this

4. FTP Instructions

You can begin uploading your files immediately to:

Then set up your FTP like this

in the Host name/Addess: 208.101.99.00
    Host Type : automatic
    users ID: test

users name: test
    Micro Dynamic is your one stop shop for all of your internet marketing promotion needs. Micro Dynamic.

Nothing is better than Firefox's FireFTP
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

ie has easy FTP service as well, but use a free FTP program (LeechFTP is good) and the IP address as you have done.