Anhosting review: the worst service

I just cancel my hosting account with this company... the worst experience I had ever.

1. I paid by Paypal on 11th November, at 16th I had to email them to see what happens. It was fixed.

2. 10 ftp and 10 email email accounts. Its supossed it was unlimited... I had to email then to ask what was happening. Fixed too.

3 I requested the total amount I had to pay by the online help, I asked several times they add Awstats. I taked 2 days until it was working, then 5 days with no updates at all in the statistics... I email them again... looks like this service was not hired, I have to pay 50US$ extra for a service my other hosting company give me for free. (Btw: Awstats are updated every 24-36h)

4 They give you a domain registration for free... I see the Whois source and my name dont appear at any part. I email them again... looks like there is a domain name policy for this... it says (I never saw the policy) the domain registrant is midphase for the first 6 momths, if you want appear like registrant sooner you have to pay 20US$ and they will discount that money for the second 6months period ( I never understood that because I already paid 1 year).

I asked where was that policy because in the terms of services there is nothing related to that... (even the online helpers dont know where its wrote, It was supossed I had to submit a ticket so they would send me a link to that policy... crazy!). So Im spending money and time in a domain its not mine because of a hidden policy I never was able to read.

5 I asked my refund... they refund all but the domain registration cost=21US$ (the more expensive registration I never saw ). No problem, it was in the terms of use. I see in the whois source to see if Im the registrant and nothing changed... I contact then again. Looks like if you dont say nothing there is a period of 2 weeks where the domain registrant keep being midphase... I guess its in the domain name policy too

6 I bought this plan because I saw in wordpress.org/hosting the wordpress installation was for free. I had to do it myself.

With this company looks like you have to fight to get what you already paid for... waiting to get my name like registrant of the domain name yet www.sosnewbie.com

Next time I would pay more... your heart will thank you.

I'm sorry to read your horror history.
    Take in mind that the sites at wordpress.org/hosting are all affiliates programs. You'll see the same sites over and over in many sites, hosting directories, top 10 hosts lists, etc.
    They are all CJ affiliates (but Laughing Squid)

The best of luck in the search of your new host. BTW, I love your mascots
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yes, sorry to hear about your troubles. Best of luck finding a new host.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

That's a shame you got yanked around the tree like that. Good luck in search of a new web host. Be sure to take your time to find a new host to avoid these issues again
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    I'm sorry to read your horror history.
    Take in mind that the sites at wordpress.org/hosting are all affiliates programs. You'll see the same sites over and over in many sites, hosting directories, top 10 hosts lists, etc.
    They are all CJ affiliates (but Laughing Squid)

The best of luck in the search of your new host. BTW, I love your mascots
    I had no idea about this... next time I will ask before.

Howdy all,

I was not aware of this and am not sure where our processes broke in this case. I
    have E-mailed the thread starter asking for some details and I will make sure that he
    is refunded in full/domain released to him (and we'll renew it for an extra year as a
    token of apology.)

We spend a lot of time streamlining our processes so that they are quick and easy
    for everyone. Sometimes, things go wrong.

As soon as I get his E-mail I'll investigate this matter and update the customer directly.

Best wishes,

Dan
    ---
    Dan Ushman
    Co-founder & CMO
    SingleHop, Inc.

Hi Dan, thanks a lot... I just want me appearing like registrant (since I paid 21US$ for my domain: http://whois.domaintools.com/sosnewbie.com) in the whois database and clear any relation with your company.

In this last weeks I used the support email, billing email, costumer service email, online help... even I emailed to Mr Boca (Vice President of midPhase) after I submit the cancelation form explaining him the reasons why I cancelled my hosting plan... (when you do there is a text saying he would love to know why you leave). And nobody apologized or compensated me.

I strongly suggest you put all the policies under terms of use Im not a lawyer but I think your hidden domain name policy is not too legal... btw: could you give me the chance to read it?

Cheers.
    Last edited by sergiosuanez; 11-27-2006 at 10:48 PM.

6º I bought this plan because I saw in wordpress.org/hosting the wordpress installation was for free. I had to do it myself.
    Avoid top 10 web hosting lists like that in the future, never reliable. Although I have never read a negative review on MidPhase's (ANHosting) services, this seems to be a case of misunderstanding between you and them.

Ok, lets assume I had bad luck... but I dont think the domain name policy is a missunderstanding... if you found something related to it in his website, please let me know.

At last I got the pass and user to change registration details on my domain.

Daniel kindly sent me a email with the info and I changed it myself. The sad thing... it was a task of just 2 minutes, I have no idea why they keep the domain for 6 months (any explanation is welcome).

I didnt accept any compensation... I wont say "thanks" either.

Hopefully this thread is closed.
    Cheers.
    Sergio

Last Update:

Midphase give you the pass and user to log into my domain cpanel, but it doesnt allow you to manage the whole domain features yourself (for example registrar status), just contact info and dns. Looks like its impossible... they cant allow you access to that features even when I paid my domain and canceled my hosting account with them.

So +20US$ to transfer it to another company, so I have to wait 2 months before the transfer.

Now I try to transfer it and looks like I have to contact Midphase to do it... looks like its bloqued or anything. I already contacted to Dan, but looks like he reply the WHT posts before the mail... so maybe Im lucky and he appears.

Right now 41US$ for a .com domain...

PS: waiting the reply of Mr Boca yet

Sergio,

These limits are most likely the limits of their registrar, not them.
    Just unlock the domain and transfer away so you can finally stop attempting to pass blame on them.

They did nothing wrong initially by registering it in their name. Heck, a lot of companies did during the whole 'domain thieving' era when transfer requests would instantly go into effect.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

You should never fall for a free domain that your host provides. That 8.95$ spent on domain will save you a lot of hassle and effort.

I cant unlock the domain because they didnt give me access to that feature... if you red my post, I just have access to dns and contact info.

Believe me, get my domain is the only thing I attempt (41US$ and going up)... but doing things with this company is pain, from helpdesk to support, from support to billing, from billing to support... and lets start again.

Is very good all this security, but if they stated all this policies in his tems of use I had register the name with another registrant... more info is not against security... I think

Quote Originally Posted by premium20
    You should never fall for a free domain that your host provides. That 8.95$ spent on domain will save you a lot of hassle and effort.
    Learnt lesson