Game Server on RS server?

Anyone know how a game server (specifically counter-strike) be on RS?

I ran a cs server on a $99/month fdcservers box, the pings weren't too great but were alright (around 100).

Since most of the traffic on Rackshack(you are not talking about rackspace are you?) goes through cogent, I don't think it would be much better.

The ping is around 90ms.

Peter

No, i'm not talking about rackspace.

Well, the pings to rackshack are a bit better than what I get to fdc. As long as the game server won't be any slower, i'll probably be fine.

Nadav do you use All Seeing Eye game browser? If so check my quake 3 server for pings. It's at Nocster and the average ping is 30-60. Excellent for gaming. The server name is Frag Heaven - Frag until you pass out . But surely check the pings cause they are excellent.

Originally posted by NixHosting
    Nadav do you use All Seeing Eye game browser? If so check my quake 3 server for pings. It's at Nocster and the average ping is 30-60. Excellent for gaming. The server name is Frag Heaven - Frag until you pass out . But surely check the pings cause they are excellent.
    where can i download the from

I might just join the server .. as i havn't play Quake 3 in ages
    : UTADMIN : Carl :

RackShack's should be a little faster than fdcservers because even when RackShack is pushing (too much) through cogent for my taste, the incoming still goes through their faster links like Verio. Hopefully Williams will be fast as well and the second Verio links. Hopefully those will supply a little faster bandwidth.

Also it will be interesting to watch Nocster - didn't someone say that they were still on burst.net bandwidth and hadn't turned on their cogent link yet? I wonder what percentage of nocster's bandwidth will flow out quest and what percentage will flow out cogent in the long run?
    Dedicated Servers at Steadfast Networks and Softlayer : Virutal Hosting at FutureQuest : VPS at FutureHosting