hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Game Server on RS server?

Forum Jump

Game Server on RS server?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru

Game Server on RS server?

Anyone know how a game server (specifically counter-strike) be on RS?

I ran a cs server on a $99/month fdcservers box, the pings weren't too great but were alright (around 100).

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Since most of the traffic on Rackshack(you are not talking about rackspace are you?) goes through cogent, I don't think it would be much better.

The ping is around 90ms.

Peter

Old
Junior Guru

No, i'm not talking about rackspace.

Well, the pings to rackshack are a bit better than what I get to fdc. As long as the game server won't be any slower, i'll probably be fine.

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

Nadav do you use All Seeing Eye game browser? If so check my quake 3 server for pings. It's at Nocster and the average ping is 30-60. Excellent for gaming. The server name is Frag Heaven - Frag until you pass out . But surely check the pings cause they are excellent.

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by NixHosting
Nadav do you use All Seeing Eye game browser? If so check my quake 3 server for pings. It's at Nocster and the average ping is 30-60. Excellent for gaming. The server name is Frag Heaven - Frag until you pass out . But surely check the pings cause they are excellent.
where can i download the from

I might just join the server .. as i havn't play Quake 3 in ages

Old
Disabled

Old
Web Hosting Master

RackShack's should be a little faster than fdcservers because even when RackShack is pushing (too much) through cogent for my taste, the incoming still goes through their faster links like Verio. Hopefully Williams will be fast as well and the second Verio links. Hopefully those will supply a little faster bandwidth.

Also it will be interesting to watch Nocster - didn't someone say that they were still on burst.net bandwidth and hadn't turned on their cogent link yet? I wonder what percentage of nocster's bandwidth will flow out quest and what percentage will flow out cogent in the long run?

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HP and Foxconn Partner on New Server Line to Reinvigorate Interest from Cloud Service Providers Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 14:39:58
Total Server Solutions Buys Its Second Web Host in Three Months: Hands-On Web Hosting Web Hosting News 2014-01-09 11:29:23
Square Enix to Create On-Demand Cloud Gaming Platform Web Hosting News 2013-11-06 10:00:55
SOE, UOL BoaCompra, Gamerica Partner to Bring Online Game PlanetSide 2 to Brazil Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:21:55
Most Online Gamers Experience Unplanned Server Outages During Play: LeaseWeb Study Web Hosting News 2013-05-01 15:16:03