Stay **AWAY** from CIHOST.COM

These guys are truly pissing me off.

I posted here that I was looking for web-hosting around the middle of last summer. I got some offers here and there, including one from cihost.com. I did not like their offer, and kindly replied letting them know that I was not interested. They, on the other hand, added me to their mailing list (without my permission). Every 2-3 weeks, I recieve a "Web hosting sale!"-type email from them. I have asked them COUNTLESS times to be removed. I have contacted every email address on their web-site. I have sent to sales@cihost.com (the address from which I'm getting this spam) about 40 emails (at once) asking to be removed.

No reply, no change.

Today I got another SPAM email from these idiots.

Great service indeed! They IGNORE prospective customers, and then SPAM them. Stay away!

Anyway you can block email from them?
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2Macs
    Anyway you can block email from them?
    Well sure, I can setup a new rule in Outlook, but that's not the point. It's amazing how low they are willing to go to get customers.

CIHOST REALLY SUCKZ!

I signed an account with them about three months ago... After 15 days, they blocked my account and sent no emails to me about this... So, after some hours, I sent an email asking about my site and them said that my account was blocked to use too many resources...
    Ok. They have or had a 30 days money back in case of cancel..

I closed my account and requested my money back. And I got no money yet. I sent emails to their "Billing Department" asking for my money and they always reply saying that the money was sent to me. But until now, NO MONAY BACK REALLY.

When we say "STAY _AWAY_ form CIHOST.com", please, DO THIS.

Btw... I'll now send another email asking my money. Let's what they will anwser now.. =D

Was just trying to give some advise, I do agree with you, some people do sink to pretty outragous lows and glad you brought this to everyone's attention here.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Its all good setting up an Outlook e-mail rule to filter the spam, however, unfortunately as this does not affect the hosting provider / Spammer in question they will continue to send you mail over and over wasting your precious bandwidth and time.

Instead, I would recommend you lookup some of the popular blacklists and submit the host to them directly, this will not only benefit you if you have blacklist protection on your mail server but it may also help others who are being spammed by the same host and are finding their e-mails being ignored and removal procedures inoperable. Furthermore this type of action also hits back at the host as they are unable to successfully send out their mailing list to various mail servers as they have been blacklisted, as a result they may begin to pay more attention to where they send their e-mails in future.

Just a suggestion.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Instead, I would recommend you lookup some of the popular blacklists and submit the host to them directly, this will not only benefit you if you have blacklist protection on your mail server but it may also help others who are being spammed by the same host and are finding their e-mails being ignored and removal procedures inoperable. Furthermore this type of action also hits back at the host as they are unable to successfully send out their mailing list to various mail servers as they have been blacklisted, as a result they may begin to pay more attention to where they send their e-mails in future.
    Now that looks like a correct approach to me, if the email sender has failed to take action upon request.

http://shopping.declude.com/Articles.asp?ID=97 contains a list of such blacklists.

Would you believe it? They are still spamming me...

Yup - same here. It's really annoying
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt
    These guys are truly pissing me off.

I posted here that I was looking for web-hosting around the middle of last summer. I got some offers here and there, including one from cihost.com. I did not like their offer, and kindly replied letting them know that I was not interested. They, on the other hand, added me to their mailing list (without my permission). Every 2-3 weeks, I recieve a "Web hosting sale!"-type email from them. I have asked them COUNTLESS times to be removed. I have contacted every email address on their web-site. I have sent to sales@cihost.com (the address from which I'm getting this spam) about 40 emails (at once) asking to be removed.

No reply, no change.

Today I got another SPAM email from these idiots.

Great service indeed! They IGNORE prospective customers, and then SPAM them. Stay away!

oh crap! i was going to search this hosting company here on wht and i found in the main page of the forums about this thread. im really annoyed with their spam emails.. i've sent them a couple of emails to be removed from their mailing list but i still received the spam email as of today! who are this people? are they really reliable? or are there very desperate to get new clients? are they active in this board?

Sorry to hear about this. the best way to treat these people is to complain to anti spam department regarding this isssue.

Well I returned the favour today, ten fold.

Finally, someone replied to me (dhanas@cihost.com). Let's see where this goes...

yikes this does not sound good.keeps us informed

I replied to that email and gave a link to this thread. 1 hour and no reply - not much of a surprise, after all, it's cihost.com.

complain to the idatacenter the server they are sending the emails from if you keep getting spam emails off them

Here is an anti-spam tip from Mr. Faulkner of CIHost:
    "Don't buy anything from companies who market via spam!"
    Original article here
    Hahah!
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda
    Original article here
    Hahah!
    Haha that is really comical.

Quote Originally Posted by BurakUeda
    Original article here
    Hahah!
    Heh, CIHost hypocrites? Naaawww.

http://www.castlecops.com/article-5144--0-0.html
    http://www.fortworth.bbb.org/commonr...ompid=98080001

‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.