Post IE7 uninstallation, serious problems

Well I decided to give IE7 a chance yesterday, and let me just say - I regret it oh so very much. Its got to be one of the worst browsers, and Microsoft's worst decision and I suggest you steer clear of it if you haven't already install it.
    But thats all completely unrelated... I uninstalled IE7 last night, and started using IE6 again this morning, however everything is very weird - every time I click a link that opens in _BLANK (Possibly other targets as well, haven't fully tested it), it opens a new blank window, then ANOTHER window with the actual page I originally opened.
    For some reason, it also opens any address entered in the address bar, in a new window as well.
    There are plenty of other problems, but those are the two major and incredibly annoying ones I've found thus far. Any idea why this is happening, and how I fix it, without having to deal with IE7 again?

(And yes, I do use Firefox and Oprah 90% of the time. But FireFox (Even 2.0) has some of the worst memory management out there, and I only use it for sites that need to be left open. I use IE for quick searches and other such things.)

Oprah makes an app now! she does everything!

I'm not sure where but I read some instructions on the MS site about how to rollback to IE 6. unfortunately I didn't save it. Sorry.

I recommend searching their site for IE7 uninstall.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Opera... Where did opRAH come from? Wow I was not thinking at all... Although, Oprah browser would be nice - you'd get a free car with it :p

Hey this is how u do it :

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.
    If you cannot find Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
    Note: %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually be found at C:\Windows. To do this, you need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.
    Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1
    To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003:
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down to "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3", "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2", or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview", click it, and then click Change/Remove.
    4. If you cannot find any version of Internet Explorer 7 in the previous step, select the Show Updates check box at the top of the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, scroll down to Windows XP - Software Updates, select "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1", and then click Change/Remove.
    If you cannot find an Internet Explorer 7 entry using Add or Remove Programs, try running these commands. Each is for a different release of Internet Explorer 7, so only one will succeed. To run any of these commands, you need to have the View hidden folders option enabled. In the commands below, %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually be found at C:\Windows. To run these commands, click Start, click Run, and then type one of the following:
    • %windir%\ie7beta3\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta1$\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7b2pmx$\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    If the uninstall process causes the computer to stop responding while removing Internet Explorer 7, restart the computer, delete any custom sound schemes created after installing the Internet Explorer 7 Beta, and then try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.
    Internet Explorer 7 Fails to Uninstall from Specified User Account
    If you see an error message saying that you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 from this user account, you can bypass the check by following these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
    3. Right-click the Internet Explorer key, click New, and then click DWORD value.
    4. Type InstalledByUser as the name, and then press ENTER to finish creating the new registry value.
    5. Try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.
    Good Luck

Err... I've already uninstalled IE7...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoi
    just trying to help
    Giving up does not always means you are weak, it Simply means you are strong to let go!

mmm...well..I'm not sure if this is possible, but If there's a setup file for IE6 you could try and reinstall it, that would probably overwrite any messed up files
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykoi
    Reinstall ie7 and then follow Navid1's procedure to remove it.

I've got the same problem like yours when I try to uninstall ie7. And I wouldn't want a broken browser hanging around my pc hence I reinstall ie7 again
    Member Since 2003.

Hmm... I love IE 7. Sure beats IE 6 and Firefox for me. I've never tried Opera, but I don't care to switch either. What's so bad about IE 7 that you just had to uninstall it and go back to IE 6?

The interface, the way everything is laid out, the weird bugs, the way tabs worked in it, and the list goes on.
    I've been using IE since 3.0, so I'm used to the layout/look and feel of it. I just hate it when companies make major design changes to their software, and don't offer an option to go back to the previous design.

Navid: I know, and thanks, but even my thread title said I had already uninstalled it

As for reinstalling IE6... I'll try it.

Tried it: And it doesn't work...
    ---------------------------
    Windows Update Setup
    Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.

Setup cannot continue.
    OK
    Last edited by Sykoi; 11-27-2006 at 08:44 PM.

I guess it's too late now, but installing IE7 is something that should be preceded by creating a fresh restore point.