PROFITS or CREDIBILITY

I have been reselling on HSPERE and CPANEL for sometime now. As of late i've been experiencing a lot of problems with SERVER downtimes, SOAM COP issues, Server Load etc.

I am now wondering if I should move some of my important clients to YAHOO Small Office Hosting., because it provides a reliable email service. and ofcourse the VIRUS and SPAM protection.

I know im going to loose my revenue but my credibility as a reliable Webhosting partner is at stake with the consistent downtimes im experiencing.

What would you do if you were me ? Any other recommendations ?

It was only two years ago i changed my hosting company becasue of the downtimes i experienced with the previous host. I thought my new HOSTS were good...but now the BAD OMAN is back.

What do u suggest ?
    Humane Hosting Services
    http://www.lkspace.com

Are the spam cop issues related to domains you are hosting or do they belong to other resellers on the same server? What about the load issues? How many clients do you have total? It may be time to look into getting your own servers.

It sounds like what you need is a good systems administrator. You shouldn't have that much downtime and spam issues if the server is being well taken care of. I guess, if I were you, I'd look at that aspect of the problem first. Changing hosts isn't going to solve that issue, unless server management comes with the package.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Hi Chris_M

My WHM/CPANEL is a VPS and the HSPERE is a normal Virtual Server reseller account.

Im running about 150 Domains on WHM/CPANEL. I actually upgraded the VPS to a better package.... but same problems. but a little less this time. On and off i get a SPAM COP problem in WHM and a Over load issue.

HSPERE had been working very smoothly lately but recently i experienced a SPAM COP problem. I dont know how to find out who is generating the SPAM.

Another common problem im facing in both these hosting services is that our main ISP in my country experiences DNS server problems. so sometimes my hostnames dont work. I need to call my ISP to inform them about this problem. In the mean time my customers think that my Servers are down.

My thought of moving to YAHOO small Business hosting is that ... even though my ISP in my country has any DNS server problems, the chances of YAHOO not working is very remote. And YAHOO being YAHOO, if there was a downtime, customers will understand the problem.
    Humane Hosting Services
    http://www.lkspace.com

Have you contacted spam cop about the listings? They should be able to offer some information that would help you. Have you asked your reseller provider about the issues?

The reason I suggested maybe getting his own servers is to get him into his own IP's. Being in a shared setup with other resellers and end users can sometimes be a nightmare to deal with because of spam issues. 1 bad apple on the server can ruin it for the rest of the resellers and end users by getting the IP range blacklisted. If you have your own mail server, you will have no one to blame but yourself for any listings, and you will also have root access to the server so you can properly investigate any such issues.

A dedicated server would also solve some if not all of the load issues.

Hsphere now has an option to import Cpanel customers, so if you are happy with Hsphere, you can just consolidate everyone onto one server and still have some room to grow.

You might also want to seek out a managed provider or 3rd party management if your not comfortable with that aspect of the business.

I noticed a lot more spam coming from squirrelmail these days. Also, it seems that a user agent "Snoopy" is being forged often these days, posting to various forms and scripts online, in order to send out massive amounts of spam.

I would definitely get a 3rd party management company, or a managed VPS provider to help you find the problem.

One thing you can check out is the UserID within the Mail Queue within WHM. that should tell you which username is sending spam out.