Design work wanted for host site

Howdy
    I've been on the net a long time and been hosting for a few years, currently on a fairly skookum dedicated. The hosting has been a sideline to other ventures, and the web site at http://www.webnamehost.net is a clutzy design I did up myself quite quickly a few years back. I want to expand things now, and plan to go for a new design that has a more professional look.

I've been experimenting with layout and colours with soem old bits and pieces I have lying around, and the result (to see what kind of colours I want is at the above site in the DesignWork subfolder. This is NOT my final layout, and neither are the colours; just an indication of some very rough ideas cobbled together to verify some css coding concepts.

The final site is to be css/html/php/ajax with few or no tables, graphics kept to a minimum. I do not want the standard blah light blue or silver grey site nor the stock photo of the woman model in a business suite looking like she either knows something about computers or is about to answer my service request. On the one hand, I want the graphics to be subtle, almost subliminal, perhaps an old teletype and telegraph wires in the background, or an ancient mainframe (like myself), the internal text boxes fuzzed into the background around the edges. On the other, the colours should be bolder and more eye-catching than the canonical designs, obviously in the brown to reddish brown range to start with. I also need a new logo.

So's you know, I've looked at every template posted here in the last several months and at several template sites without finding anything close, and frankly, the cheaper ones often look either hopelessly common and stereotyped or just plain awful (to me at least).

So what I'm looking for here is the colour design, with backgrounds for the various boxes, additional boxes I can fill in with test that match the rest, and so on. I am open to proposals to design the main page and one sub page in a manner similar to what I've shown (you build on what I've done so far) or just to do a colour design and set of graphics for text boxes and backgrounds and I finish it. I'll certainly be creating all the text to fill everything in. For my money, I want all rights to a unique design, one I can modify and adapt as the case may be. I'm strong on the technical aspects of what I do (over three decades on the net) but am no artist, and don't have the time to mass extensively with button design, logos, etc. Oh, BTW, the menu buttons on that design don't currently do anything, but I have my own dynamic menus script I'll be backing that with (you can see it in operation on opundo.com and arjaybooks.com).

If the contract works out well, more design work is available to produce two more logos and a variation in the colour set for two other spinoff sites (speciality hosting).

PM me or post here with credentials, portfolio pointers, a very rough idea of what you suggest or what aspect of the work you'd like to tackle (or even kibitz with ideas or comments if you are so inclined), and I will go from there to more detailed discussions privately. The lowest bid for a given piece of work will not necessarily be the one I accept. I'm looking for something much better visually than anything I've yet seen, perhaps from someone who's been looking for a chance to break the mold and do something really creative.

Rick
    Rick Sutcliffe
    See http://www.arjayweb.com for fast, reliable Linux/CPanel hosting
    We also do reseller hosting and are an Enom ETP

Oh, and one more thing. No flash.
    Rick Sutcliffe
    See http://www.arjayweb.com for fast, reliable Linux/CPanel hosting
    We also do reseller hosting and are an Enom ETP

Hello,

My design guy and myself have been on a blitz lately. We've come up with some pretty stellar design and development. But one thing I hear you mentioning without coming out and saying it, is that you're looking for something that really defines who you are as in reference to you being a solid reliable hosting company. I believe I truly can come up with a design that fits what you're wanting.

Secondly, we generally will create a main page, then a sub page for you. And integrate both of these in a cms (we prefer cms made simeple), but whichever you prefer is fine. This way you are free to quickly and easily make changes to your pages without having to ftp, dreamweaver (frontpage), or deal with the hassle of finding pages, and graphics

Anyways, I really believe we can create a design that you're wanting that will be impactful, which not annoying. And I promise we can honor your no flash request

You can visit our site http://www.impact-x.net and our portfolio is on the main page as well as here http://www.impact-x.net/index.php?page=portfolio