dedicated server or vps ?

Hi guys,

We are thinking to offer web hosting and reseller packages to our clients. Do you guys think getting a dedicated server would suits our needs ?

reseller account is just too expensive and we just cant earn anything out of it due to the low price offer in our country.. vps is pretty expensive too... so we are thinking to get a dedicated server since the storage space is the highest..

do you guys think it is an ideal choice and what should we consider before getting one.. none of our team knows how to manage the server.. so we just have to count on the service provider... anyway, i dun really have to monitor or manage the server all the time right ?

please advise.

What are your needs?

Well, i could only suggest you if you could mention your requirements. cheers

If reseller package is too expencive for you and you are asking what too choise dedicated or VPS one, I think that you have to choose VPS. Tell us please some words about you project.
    Last edited by Pejonn; 11-27-2006 at 06:50 AM.

If a virtual system is too expensive, dedicated system won't be any better. Sounds like you want a fully managed VPS. You can always scale up to a managed dedicated server later.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Always start out small first to gauge the demand for your product before you commit yourself.

Also, with a small outfit, you could learn and grow with your business.
    Dedicated Servers. Resellers Welcome.
    www.dediwebhost.com

some companies in our country could offer extremely low hosting fee.. i would like to enter to the competition and it is not possible for me to compete if I take reseller account or VPS due to the size of the space given.. hence, I am thinking whether to take a dedicated server since the storage is pretty big..

if i start with a reseller program, is it possible for me to transfer everything to dedicated server later??

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia
    if i start with a reseller program, is it possible for me to transfer everything to dedicated server later??
    Only I know is cPanel/WHM - reseller is possible to transfer accounts to the dedicated server. The other control panels, I'm not sure but probably.