I finally found him!

Well,

After 3 months, I have finally caught a glimpse of the mouse that has been terrorizing the tin foil in my broiler.

Its just a little bity thing, but fast, dont know if I am going to be able to catch him, so I guess I should buy something. Maybe decon or a mouse trap.

I feel bad for the little guy though, so maybe I will just make a pet out of him.

Any ideas for names for a mouse, besides Stewart?

Paul . Hope that helps.

How about Snickers? Because he is sneaky.

wilson, Fievel, Mighty Mouse, PHP, ASP, Bill, Billy, C++, JAVA, XML, AJAX?, WEB 2.0, WHT?, CGI, PERL
    Member Since 2003.

Java is a good name!

After three months, that mouse might be one of 100
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    After three months, that mouse might be one of 100
    You don't have anything to say about the killing of mice

I'm surprised.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

How 'bout naming him "Hanta", after the deadly virus that mice carry?

Get some Decon before you get sick. Mice are cute and furry, but they carry nasty diseases.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

If he's tiny, that's likely one of the babies Might seem mean but I suggest you get yourself some chocolate scented glue traps.

I've never had a glue trap work for anything other than bugs.

We bought a rat zapper, and it's the best purchases we've ever made to catch mice. When the mouse scurries in it delivers a small jolt to the mouse, killing it instantly. This is a LOT less messy than the snap traps!

It takes 4 AA's (the newer models take D's, I think) and you can kill several mice with one set of batteries. Just load up the chamber with some dog food, or (my personal fave) bacon grease, set the trap up along where you've seen the mouse before and turn it on. We usually catch our mice within 2 days. If we don't we just move it to another area we've seen them at and usually catch it then.

Also make sure you have plugged any gaps in your floor (washers and dryers normally have larger holes to accomodate the hoses, for example) as mice LOVE those. We use steel wool to plug them up since mice won't chew through it.

Good luck!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I will ditto the steel wool trick. I have a place in the country that gets mice all the time but since putting in steel wool they have all but gone away. The reason they aren't gone altogether is because there is one spot I can't get to. I learned this from one of those farmer's wives.
    IE7 is nine years behind the standards or wrong.
    But it works in IE!
    "IE is a cancer on the web" -- Paul Thurott
    "Avoid hacker-bait apps like Internet Explorer" -- Kevin Mitnick

I learned this from one of those farmer's wives.
    Ah huh, and what else did you learn?

For the mice problem, chances are there are a few more. Suggest an exterminator if its a bad case; otherwise the old fashioned mouse trap works. Get a cat

Name him (the mouse) Jerry.
    Last edited by Burhan; 11-27-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

Get a cat - otherwise, that mouse will make you sick, the droppings that it leaves etc.

Don't feel to bad about killing it - unless of course it is a mother caring for its young - then you could be taking their mother away

I hate rodents - but I wil say I love chinchillas. We always had a few rats in the barn and every winter some mice got into the house. A couple of cats usually took care of that - or the mouse-trap did.

I never did understand the d-con though, you want to make sure you get that body out of your house as well. Otherwise some natural things will start to happen to that body and produce some very unnatural smells.

(I did have a hamster escape once - and I swore one of the mice that we caught had some similiarities.)

Yeah, I dont know how many there are, I have known there was one for a little while. I just now say it will laying on the couch last night.

This is an old house with a lot of holes, and I live in the attic apartment which has hidden cubbies and wide openings all over.

Just another reason to move I suppose. I am going to try to catch him, maybe get a cat, I know where I can get one right now.

Anyways, the ideas and articles have been great, thanks for all your help!

PLEASE don't name your mouse Web 2.0
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

I typically use mouse traps or rat poison, but if your afraid to use those you can always find a non-lethal trap and put it out in a field or forest.
    Kerry Jones

My big thing about using poison is, what happens when the mouse dies in the wall, then I will have a major fly problem!

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    My big thing about using poison is, what happens when the mouse dies in the wall, then I will have a major fly problem!
    Yes, that can be a problem, but they do have some rat poisons that crystallizes the inside of it to where it cuts down on the smell, I would highly recommend it.
    Kerry Jones

That is true the smell is so bad after they die. Sometimes you can't find them and the whole house get smelly.

Well there is ways of keeping rats out of your home much like how we do with our meat market. If you don't want rodent or insect problems make sure your house is sealed go around and look for gaps where rodents could enter. Ensure a santinary environment by cleaning up all food, drinks, etc these are ways to attract them. I suggest keeping your food locked up in containers and throwing away all food that is out and always spray down your floors and counters with cleaning solutions. Both bugs and rats hate the smell of this which keeps them away. I know roaches don't like the scent of orange so thats recommended as well.
    Kerry Jones

Name him Iggy. :p