Talking *sigh* Well... when push comes to shove...

I was browsing my site and realized I dont average 11 people online at once and I got really suspicious and looked at my stats and realized I had a 350% traffic increase.

It looked like someone was archiving my site and wasting precious sponsored BW... I checked the IPs and found out that all the 100's requests came from an ip beginning with 65.102.

So now I decided to block this prick off my site permantly by blocking all of 65.102 ip range... Was this a good or bad idea? I'm I right saying that I blocked 64516 usable (65536 total) IPs, if not someone correct me

So if I wanted to block all of the 65.102 range I would need to enter this into my blocked ips list right?
    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^.*65.102.*$ [OR]
    I tested it locally (replacing with my ip, and it worked.... but anyways... I feel good I took some bozo off my site Is there a list anywhere of IP's I should ban?

I decided to use limit, because it looked like the above didnt work as expected...
    <Limit GET POST>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    deny from 65.102

Justice is served
    Last edited by MGCJerry; 06-22-2002 at 02:40 PM.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

It's a shame that you can't just go round and kick someones arse couse there at the other side of the world.
    That's a downer.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.