Looking for a new reseller host

Okay I am sick & tired of the incompetance (or straight out lies & deception) of my existing host, namely HostGator.

Every single time my clients' sites go down their excuse is always the same namely, "It is your ISP or their backbone suppliers"

My customer sites went down yesterday again (third time in as many months) & on speaking to their "Live Chat" & emailing their support that was the response.

Strange though how they figure that us resellers have lost our brains & power of reasoning.

I could get my main reseller account on the web, collect emails from it & FTP.

Yet my customers accounts are on the very same server & they were down.

My ISP/backbone provider must be cleverer than most as they can clearly block all sites on that server except my own - good trick.

So I have now had enough. Brent works very hard to make a go fo HG - but he employs idiots in customer support.

Oh yeah, "miraculously" after opening a thread on the HG forum & emailing their support, all sites are back up - but the problem is still my nasty ISP according to them

As a consequence I am now looking for a Linux reseller option where customers are not treated like idiots.

My requirements are not great, cpanel, whm, and anything form 1gig space & 5gig bandwidth a month upwards.

Hosting companies are very welcome to reply.
      0 Not allowed!

What type of budget are you working with?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost
      0 Not allowed!

Currently paying AU$34.00 per month to HG
      0 Not allowed!

Hi!
    Welcome to WHT, do you have any preference of the server location?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Not particularly so long as it is in a reputable data center not someone's garage

As I am in Australia I don't think where in the USA the server is will affect latency all that much.

As you probably aware HG have their servers at The Planet.

Edit: I should also be upfront & point out that I am not a customer any shoddy company would want.

When things are great I will sing your praises & tell any who ask. I have posted multiple times early in the year recommending HG on Whirlpool - AU's largest IT & Telco & Broadband forum.

When things are not right I will let you know & expect something done about it.

Hand me lies & deception or treat me like a fool by blaming others for your mistakes & I will certainly tell the world that too
    Last edited by Think-eDesign; 11-26-2006 at 09:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I suggest to narrow a list of 4-5 hosts that may fit your needs and search about them in google and here.
    Also, do you know what was the reason of why your sites weren't working at HG?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Looking forward to seeing who you choose next Shouldn't be too hard to find a host for your needs. Good luck!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services
      0 Not allowed!

RSHosting.com sounds perfect for you. They have both true 24/7 support as well as excellent uptime and customer satisfaction (just take a look at their forums)
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Think-eDesign
    Currently paying AU$34.00 per month to HG
    Any special software Host Gator might have accommodated (or that you need which other companies may not have), or do you need plain hosting (just cPanel/WHM and some space)?

What happened sounds like an httpd.conf misconfiguration, likely the enteries for your customers disappeared.
    Last edited by Lev; 11-26-2006 at 11:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

When things are not right I will let you know & expect something done about it.

Hand me lies & deception or treat me like a fool by blaming others for your mistakes & I will certainly tell the world that too

That's what some hosts need to learn. Tell the truth and they will be better off then telling their made up stories.

To be fair do you have any monitoring setup? Such as hyperspin etc. If so what has your uptime been?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
      0 Not allowed!

Just by chance, did you do a traceroute (or tracert) to see where the connection was failing when you had these issues. Additionally, did you try to do a ping using an online service, such as dnsstuff.com, or some other service?

I do hope that you are able to find a host which fits your needs!
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Any special software Host Gator might have accommodated (or that you need which other companies may not have), or do you need plain hosting (just cPanel/WHM and some space)?

What happened sounds like an httpd.conf misconfiguration, likely the enteries for your customers disappeared.
    No need for anything except the normal cpanel Linux options that most hosts seem to have
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

I have decided to use Net Logistics as it is Australian based & seems to have a very good reputation on Whirlpool.

I have no doubt that there are many reputable hosting companies in the USA, however after the lies & deception of HostGator & their continued support policy of blaming everyone but themselves, I no longer trust overseas hosts with whom my only real point of contact is their Live Chat, email or forum.

At least it will give me an Australian phone number for support should things go wrong.

Thanks again to all for their input.
      0 Not allowed!

Now I remember why I found your username familar, that's from thread at whirlpool.net.au
      0 Not allowed!

I have decided to use Net Logistics as it is Australian based & seems to have a very good reputation on Whirlpool.
    Glad you have found something Good luck and let us know how it all goes.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!