Advertising Methods

How do you advertise your business?

I'm looking for ways to help promote the company I work for...

Please do share, however, I don't want to hear Bidvertiser, Google Adwords, or here on WHT please. I know those 3.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

Moved to the correct forum.

We're trying drop cards here locally. We just re-launched our services, and refined our marketing strategy to have more of a local focus. Online advertising is expensive, and there are too many other hosts to compete with. Customers cannot truly judge your company online, as everyone claims to offer the same thing. The only way to truly win someone's trust is to let them see you in action, hence the reason for local marketing. We're really working the PR angle here with all of the local area newspapers and publications, but so far to no effect; I'll post again if we get anywhere with that!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I'm in a fairly large city myself, where the only large newspaper serves over 2 million people, so the classifieds here really grab a large audience that's probably more willing to pay a higher price and expect higher quality than an online audience.

It's always a bit scary to see posts like this. If those are the only 3 methods of advertising you know of, you haven't done much research. In fact, you almost definitely haven't done much research because there are a million similar posts on this forum asking the same question.

So I guess to answer your question, try searching

And, seriously, that question is vague and doesn't really get good responses. You really need to think of what audience you're looking for. Putting yourself in someone elses shoes would seem like a good idea before posting the question.

It really depends on your situation, etc. Fortunately for us, we have a Fortune 100 company ultilmately behind us that does the advertising for us. Unfortunately for us, it is just not for us, but all their thousands of agents.

There was a thread on another forum about local advertising. With all the problems the internet brings today - phishing, scams, etc, it seems more and more people want to do someone they can shake their hands. I think that we will come full circle in the market and out markets will be more locally than globally pretty soon. The other reason is because the market is satuated with web developers and web hosting companies (sorry if you are not one of those, but usually most companies on here are web hosting companies). And that satuation is in every town, locale, county, parish, etc.

People feel more comfortable if they can at least meet someone and look them in the eye from time to time. I would say right now, business has increased locally for us about 15% due to local advertising and me able to drive again.

Greetings!

Try to identify a niche market that you can focus on. You may try to concentrate locally. Get a hold of your local chamber of commerce. Sponsor a local seminar perhaps and have a booth that will feature your web hosting business.
    We have tried sponsoring a band concert and it worked for us locally.

Of course, nothing beats the power of word of mouth advertisement.
    We wish you well.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

Quote Originally Posted by consul
    Greetings!

Try to identify a niche market that you can focus on. You may try to concentrate locally. Get a hold of your local chamber of commerce. Sponsor a local seminar perhaps and have a booth that will feature your web hosting business.
    We have tried sponsoring a band concert and it worked for us locally.

Wow, I would have never thought of doing something like that, even if I did, I wouldn't think that would bring in clients.. lol glad it works though!
    GeekDub Hosting, Reseller, VPS and more! ●

You will actually never know that some things work unexpectedly.
    It turned out that the concert was attended by most of our niche market.

Take care and we wish you well.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.