Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ServerSupportGuys ???

Hello,

There is a company called ServerSupportGuys.com that offers Outsourcing of Support. I have never used an outsourcing company and am looking around.

One of the companies that have crossed by me, is ServerSupportGuys.com.
    Can anyone give me any insight on these guys? Are they good at what they do?

Do they have quick turn around time? Have you ever used them?

As much information as possible would be great.

Thanks!

I am guessing you need just support services no management right? Never used that feature of theirs but for me they didnt work out too good (oh i was on their fully managed server management plan) .

Dunno if there are users here at wht that are currently using their outsourcing support feature.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by paidhosting
    I am guessing you need just support services no management right? Never used that feature of theirs but for me they didnt work out too good (oh i was on their fully managed server management plan) .

Dunno if there are users here at wht that are currently using their outsourcing support feature.
    What was the problem? If they were incapable of managing your server, that information might be useful to allenk.

With that being said, I have heard a number of other WHTers and people make positive comments about ServerSupportGuys. I have never used them for anything myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Diaz
    What was the problem? If they were incapable of managing your server, that information might be useful to allenk. .
    I doubt that cause he wants to use their outsource support feature so cannot comment on that though.It could be better than server management.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

I don't recommend SSG at all actually. Left and only too happy about it.

They are good for extremely basic admin stuff, but advanced problems were never fixed. In other words, get yourself a book on Linux Administration and you'll have equal expertise to them.

Also response times are 10+ hours. Very long! And problems they can't solve problem, it ALWAYS ended up leaving my tickets unanswered/ignored. Ofcourse whenever I asked my personal admin to solve it, it got done instantly. And in some cases got done when SSG stated it can't.

Ofcourse I'm basing my opinion not from one instance BUT many.

I suggest you find a personal admin or more personal admins and pay them per management/fix session.

Face it: No server support company will EVER truly care for your host or help devote their full expertise as a personal admin who's gonna work with you for hours one-on-one through chat. Because server management co's are managing many hosts. So you're just another "customer".

This doesn't just apply to SSG, but other management co's out there.

On positive side: *******
    Most you'll get from SSG for your $99 is having them reset your sever for you
    in case you're on holiday or away. So pretty much you don't have to worry
    about your server going down for hours. They'll always restore it within
    minutes. Even log into your datacenter if you want them to. They will also
    take care of your cPanel updates incase of security exploits. Which I thought
    was really generious/useful from them.

<<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I've had experience with Rack911 in the past and have put in multiple tickets with them, average response time was two minutes. Everything was done perfectly.

Angry

This is very interesting. Especially considering your "admin" is responsible for your weekly OS reload at softlayer.

In the short period you were with us, it looks like the 100+ tickets you've opened (over 30 were fixing something you or your admin broke reading your linux book) you seemed pretty pleased with the results.

It's amusing how people become dissatisfied with the "level of service" when they have a overdue bill and are facing termination.

I wasn't even going to reply. But you sir, submitted more tickets than anyone else, and even had direct MSN access to me and had your hand held on many issues.

I don't see any complaint tickets or even concerns about anything. I do however see that you were terminated for not paying your bill.

I believe the exact excuse given was not "you guys are dong a bad job". But rather, "I'll be paying it soon, this new softlayer bill has me strapped financially at the moment."

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by astounding
    They are good for extremely basic admin stuff, but advanced problems were never fixed. In other words, get yourself a book on Linux Administration and you'll have equal expertise to them.

Also response times are 10+ hours. Very long! And problems they can't solve problem, it ALWAYS ended up leaving my tickets unanswered/ignored. Ofcourse whenever I asked my personal admin to solve it, it got done instantly. And in some cases got done when SSG stated it can't.

I suggest you find a personal admin or more personal admins and pay them per management/fix session.

Face it: No server support company will EVER truly care for your host or help devote their full expertise as a personal admin who's gonna work with you for hours one-on-one through chat. Because server management co's are managing many hosts. So you're just another "customer".

- Comprehensive Server Management & End User Support
    - Now 100% U.S. Owned & Operated
    - Now offering instantly ready end-user support. 30secondsupport.com

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSupportGuys
    This is very interesting. Especially considering your "admin" is responsible for your weekly OS reload at softlayer.

In the short period you were with us, it looks like the 100+ tickets you've opened (over 30 were fixing something you or your admin broke reading your linux book) you seemed pretty pleased with the results.

It's amusing how people become dissatisfied with the "level of service" when they have a overdue bill and are facing termination.

I wasn't even going to reply. But you sir, submitted more tickets than anyone else, and even had direct MSN access to me and had your hand held on many issues.

I don't see any complaint tickets or even concerns about anything. I do however see that you were terminated for not paying your bill.

I believe the exact excuse given was not "you guys are dong a bad job". But rather, "I'll be paying it soon, this new softlayer bill has me strapped financially at the moment."

Thanks!
    Always two sides to every story

I haven't exactly used SSG, but I have had experienced when the owner was running a management company under a different name and I'd say he was doing a pretty good job. Certainly not someone who just read a book on linux and called himself a administrator.

I was with SSG for 3 months. That's a LONG time to me or anyone. And especially to form an ACCURATE review of the service.

Above is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTALY irrelevant. I obviously didn't pay because I was already DISSATISIFED by the 2nd month. So which idiot would wanna continue paying for a service that does them no good whatsoever.

Regarding the paying of bill, THAT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. Which idiot continues paying for service they're not happy about. And reviews of service always come after one terminates their relationship with the service. ANYONE knows that.

Consider this. We pay $30 per fix to personal admins. And ask about 40-50 of these fixes a month (+$1000). Meaning that we pay a service we ARE HAPPY WITH despite how much the expense. And same would apply to SSG. But obviously didn't as it really was no use in terms of fixes.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 03-27-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Not quite sure why those quotes have my name on them...I definitely didn't say them.

Oops sorry. They were ment to go to: ServerSupportGuys

Hehe, not a problem

ha ha

I love this part. Did you forget that you obtained a personal admin/programmer because they were the ones who setup + developed the free webhosting platform you're using? lol

Yeah, the same admin that installed cpanel on top of your free hosting control panel hosting 25,000 domains. I believe we advised you not to do that. Needless to say afterwards your server constantly had problems. I believe it had a hard time staying online longer than 10 minutes after a reboot. lol

Who stood there holding your hand the entire time trying to clean up the mess you created after you ignored what we told you.

We usually fine customers for doing things like this and leaving us with a "Self created" mess to clean up. However did we ever fine you? Despite you doing this not once, or twice, or even three times. I think you're somewhere in the high teens. lol

Everyone who has been with us, knows that I usually give people way too much leadway regarding paying bills. I mean no problem. People have cash flow problems sometimes, it happens. I'm usually cool with it. Just recently we've began to actually want to be paid for our work and suddenly you're unhappy.

----
    Consider this. We pay $30 per fix to personal admins. And ask about 40-50 of these fixes a month (+$1000). Meaning that we pay a service we ARE HAPPY WITH despite how much the expense. And same would apply to SSG. But obviously didn't as it really was no use in terms of fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by astounding
    I don't recommend SSG at all actually. Left and only too happy about it.

serversupportguys Avoid All Cost usless my ticket opens more then 48 hrs no response totally 100% usless company
    Sales is gr8 but support and technical support knowledge is -0 Horribale experiance Avoid All Cost.....

From
    Kamran iqbal
    404_Error, Signature Not Found

If your ticket was never responded to how are you able to evaluate the technical competency of our staff?

I'm looking up your account details now... more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by visualfast
    serversupportguys Avoid All Cost usless my ticket opens more then 48 hrs no response totally 100% usless company
    Sales is gr8 but support and technical support knowledge is -0 Horribale experiance Avoid All Cost.....

From
    Kamran iqbal

Oh I see. You are the customer who signed up for our Manage Express package for your VPS. You were hitting the resource limits allowed by your provider. We advised you of this and mentioned that you would need to contact them regarding allowing more resources.

You were unhappy with this solution and found someone else to assist you. The VPS was still crashing after the changes made by the other company as we advised it would.

You finally accepted our advice and upgraded to a server located at nocster and just recently submitted the enrollment.

Your enrollment for this new server had not been completed and therefore none of the technicians had access to your system. (Btw, We do not release passwords to our sub level 3 technicians.)

Your ticket was submitted immediately after your enrollment. Because of the time it takes and the work involved in enrollments ... we actually do not permit transferring of service between servers in mid billing period, however we made an exception in your case as you really could not even use the VPS as it was constantly crashing.

We extend generosity to you and in exchange we get the facts construed in an effort to defame us.

Thanks and I will process your cancellation myself.
    Last edited by ServerSupportGuys; 01-15-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Hahaha

Finally got Response from your side any way here is Story
    You Guys Claims 30 Days Satisfaction Guarantee but it’s Useless
    You need to accept you guys just for basic support and nothing else
    If you support member unable to solve normal http issue with in 2 days and y other support management team solve this issue less then 30 minutes?
    Regarding uptime since other management company fix my http issue I have no issue of http down I have logs of different uptime provider (you need logs) hahahaha

Regarding My new dedicated server login details here is one of your support member inform me "Yes, we've received the new server details. Thanks
    --

Warm Regards,

Lyron Foster
    "

Y you are saying you are unable to receive any login details (quite funny)

Ok if there is any issue with password of login y your support member unable to answer my tickets? (48+ hours)

Don’t make fool understand

When I ask you for refund you guys claim I abuse one of your sales people

Suppose your Server having some critical issue and no support more then 48 hrs what is your behavior???

When I ask for refund you guys simply denied
    20$ is not a big amount for me ............

We've got about 200 alerts from service downs after your report it was fixed.

If it was fixed, why upgrade?

Yes, we received the server details. As-in, we received your submission of the enrollment.

We do offer a 30 day guarantee. Refunding you will be the greatest pleasure i've been able to experience this year.

We were under the impression you were aware that the enrollment process has to be completed first (much like the initial sign-up process =) ).

Reading the above threads, I would say serversupportguys need to learn handling customers. I know it is difficult to have all your customers satisfied. Let the dissatisfied customers leave. But it is important to honour the guarantees of money back, one advertises on the sites, so that new customers have some kind of safety to sign up.

Refund completed. I wish you and especially whomever you're with now the best of luck.

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by visualfast
    Hahaha

Finally got Response from your side any way here is Story
    You Guys Claims 30 Days Satisfaction Guarantee but it’s Useless
    You need to accept you guys just for basic support and nothing else
    If you support member unable to solve normal http issue with in 2 days and y other support management team solve this issue less then 30 minutes?
    Regarding uptime since other management company fix my http issue I have no issue of http down I have logs of different uptime provider (you need logs) hahahaha

Regarding My new dedicated server login details here is one of your support member inform me "Yes, we've received the new server details. Thanks
    --

Warm Regards,

Lyron Foster
    "

Y you are saying you are unable to receive any login details (quite funny)

Ok if there is any issue with password of login y your support member unable to answer my tickets? (48+ hours)

Don’t make fool understand

When I ask you for refund you guys claim I abuse one of your sales people

Suppose your Server having some critical issue and no support more then 48 hrs what is your behavior???

When I ask for refund you guys simply denied
    20$ is not a big amount for me ............

well dont make fool here
    every thing you guys knows about server login and i already enroll my server information through your secure side
    you need to realise your support member unable to response my ticket ( only support member) more then 48+ hours
    need logs of uptime of vps ?? i can provide .....
    so what about my 30 days gurantee??? y you guys decline to issue my funds?

regarding vps to dedicated i said "i already told you on my firs ticket no vps provide support that much resources so its better for me to move to dedicated server you can see my vps still under limit and both vps and dedicated is running and right now vps is running " you can see my vps resources
    i just transfer my main site to dedicated server my vps still running understand

Thanks for your refund

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I feel that we've got a handle on our customer service.

Also, please keep such presumptous comments to yourself unless you know the details of the situation.

We understand that we make mistakes and that we're not perfect. Whenever we drop the ball or there's problems on our end, we have absolutely no problem accepting responsibility. We do grant the refunds per our terms.

Quote Originally Posted by john551
    Reading the above threads, I would say serversupportguys need to learn handling customers. I know it is difficult to have all your customers satisfied. Let the dissatisfied customers leave. But it is important to honour the guarantees of money back, one advertises on the sites, so that new customers have some kind of safety to sign up.

Refund completed. I wish you and especially whomever you're with now the best of luck.

Thank you !
    Well thats good gesture from ServerSupportGuys.

One has good customers and bad customers. But it is important to honor guarantees, So that People who need such services can try them without any fear of wasting money, when they have the tool of 30 day money back guarantee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast