Finding a cheap vps

Im not quite sure what the best vps (if it that) for me is...

I basically need the following things:

A ssh host which I can forward my traffic from university through (~15 GB per month is probaility the max I can get away with)
    (For Warcarft3, RF Online etc... you get the idea...)
    I occasiantly use IRC which appears to be a big problem

I'm also interested in starting a personal website with a domain. (servage appears good if not excessive but no ssh there)

I'm looking for something <20$ a month total as I'm a student and have no income.

Not sure if I should treat these as seperate things or how I should go about this...

Another thing is that at the moment (at least for another 3 days) I have a layered tech deciated server which I ran a gaming server off and paid for using donations however the I've closed down the game server since I'm at well university now but to get to the point I don't really want a place where I could get charged the moon and the back (i don't want to check bandwidth graphs every week again ) if I was to get ddos or something similar (very unlikely).

Thanks in advance

2. #2 have low price and better services.

Emerald Cove, Unformed
    According to the TOS, IRC is not acceptable.
    1. Mmmmm food...

Yeah I use iFastHosting, really good service but yes you're right IRC isn't accepted, I have seen a few in the VPS Offers forum that accept IRC.
    Zertex Designs coming soon

Avoid servage, they limit your hits to max 2000 a day. Dreamhost is OK, IMHO.

For VPS there are plenty offers and reviews around here...