A few EuroVPS questions

I have problems telling the various EuroVPS plans apart and picking the right one.

I'm looking to run Python (Django) on it and the VPS will only be used for one site that I control. This means that I won't need the reseller aspects of a control panel. I'll most likely run some PHP scripts as well, but nothing resource heavy like a forum.

• I want a slim plan that doesn't waste resources on a bloated control panel. Am I correct in assuming that the "HSPcomplete Basic/Premium VPS Servers" plan and the "Standard Linux VPS Servers" plan will fulfill this requirement?

• What is the difference between these two plans?

• Does "Standard Linux VPS Hosting" have a control panel or not? The description says "EuroVPS provides Linux Virtual Private Servers, with a standard Linux distribution installation, without any control panel." and then a few lines later it says "Using an intuitive and easy to use control panel, you can install even the most complex software such as Tomcat or Coldfusion". Which is it? Does it contain HSPcomplete or not?

• Why are the control panel plans seemingly cheaper/more feature-filled than the more barebones plans?

• How does EuroVPS define "managed"?

Also, if anyone has any good alternatives to EuroVPS, I'm all ears.

I require good ping times from Denmark, plans that don't come with crap like Fantastico and a control panel that eats up a ton of memory. I also need CentOS/RHEL or Debian.

If you don't need a control-panel don't get one.

EuroVPS do plans without control-panels.
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration
    EuroVPS do plans without control-panels.
    Would you mind being more specific?

Is this explained somewhere on their site or do I need to get a custom quote from sales? Can I get all the memory/traffic combos without a control panel?

http://www.eurovps.com/vps_hosting/s...ps_servers.php

No control-panel, they are tallking about installing packages onto your VPS through their control-panel.
    www.clustered.net

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration
    No control-panel, they are tallking about installing packages onto your VPS through their control-panel.
    This quote is just as paradoxical as the description on their site.

How can a plan be suited for people "who can manage a server, and install software on his/her own" and simultaneously offer you an "intuitive and easy to use control panel" where you can "install even the most complex software such as Tomcat or Coldfusion, with a simple click!"? Either it has a control panel or it doesn't. It can't be both.

What's the difference between the plans you linked to and their HSPcomplete Basic/Premium plans? Isn't it the same control panel?

I think its the same.

Have you emailed sales ?
    www.clustered.net

Yes, I'd recommend emailing their sales to get specific answers to your questions, as anything other than an official answer from them here or via email is not necessarily going to clear up your concerns.

As for the poster above implying that they're somehow shady or amateur, that's nonsense. They have both a well-known owner who posts here, they have well-established sales, support and billing, and importantly they own all their server hardware at a top quality datacenter as opposed to most other hosting operations which lease their hardware. Details here
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

Quote Originally Posted by simong
    This quote is just as paradoxical as the description on their site.

How can a plan be suited for people "who can manage a server, and install software on his/her own" and simultaneously offer you an "intuitive and easy to use control panel" where you can "install even the most complex software such as Tomcat or Coldfusion, with a simple click!"? Either it has a control panel or it doesn't. It can't be both.

What's the difference between the plans you linked to and their HSPcomplete Basic/Premium plans? Isn't it the same control panel?
    HSPComplete offers more than one style of control panel option for VPS control. Essentially they could offer one HSPComplete plan that allows full control over the VPS from within the panel, but another that just allows the install of software.

I would guess that a non-control panel plan simply doesn't include a control panel on the server or one that the clients of a client can use.

<<< removed >>>

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    HSPComplete offers more than one style of control panel option for VPS control. Essentially they could offer one HSPComplete plan that allows full control over the VPS from within the panel, but another that just allows the install of software.
    I guess you're right. I'll email them and hear about the plans.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 12-24-2006 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Quoted post removed.

b3b3 probably has something personal against them.

I was with EuroVPS with a shared plan once and their support was very fast.

Recently I emailed their sales showing interest in one of their VPS packages and they showed real integrity by essentially advising me to not go with them.