Thread: Instant setup?

Instant setup?

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any VPS providers with instant setup?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by voidhosting
    Hello,

Is anyone aware of any VPS providers with instant setup?

thanks.
    I think most of us avoid instant setup becuase of the amount of fraud that comes through with instant setup. Look for providers that use HSPcomplete as this is the fastest way to setup a VPS in our experience. Once an order is approved in HSPcomplete, if it is a VPS without control panel, it sets up in a few minutes, if it is with Plesk give it about 10 minutes, if it is cPanel, give it an 60-90 minutes.
    Last edited by writespeak; 11-26-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Edited by request

Quote Originally Posted by futurehosting
    I think most of us avoid instant setup becuase of the amount of fraud that comes through with instant setup.
    I think that most host don't have it because they are dumbs that can't write a script, and just take what's available (which doesn't have it as default). But that's only my humble opinion.

Look at hosting providers that uses our dtc-xen system, it has instant account activation. Note that sometimes, if asking for a Debian setup, it can hang on the operating system setup because apt-proxy has few bugs and sometimes it doesn't get all the packages. But you can re-start the os reinstallation and it will be all ok.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Quote Originally Posted by gplhost
    I think that most host don't have it because they are dumbs that can't write a script, and just take what's available (which doesn't have it as default). But that's only my humble opinion.

Look at hosting providers that uses our dtc-xen system, it has instant account activation. Note that sometimes, if asking for a Debian setup, it can hang on the operating system setup because apt-proxy has few bugs and sometimes it doesn't get all the packages. But you can re-start the os reinstallation and it will be all ok.

Thomas
    Instant setup = much higher rate of fraud, I don't think anybody is going to dispute that.
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

Having an account scammed doesn't hurt that much when it comes to VPS hosting (if no domain name is given "for free"). Once you see it's the case, you just delete it. I don't think this is why so few companies have instant account activation.

And by the way, since we have instant account activation, it didn't change our (very low) fraud rate.

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel