server flash converter

Anyone know of some cheap software or solutions to convert wmv on server to in flash

you mean to flv? I dont know whether ffmpeg supports wmv, but it does support a bunch of other video formats.. In addition, ffmpeg is free.

ffmpeg does indeed support wmv, you may have to select it durring setup (./configure) but mine was enabled by default.

these will work on the server to convert them live when uploaded or played?

help \ how do i convert files to flash on server, that they simply play as flash even though wmv... like youtube has but cheaply

You have to convert them to flv format files. Theres no way to play a wmv format as if it were flash without that stage. If you mean, how do you embed a wmv file in your HTML like people do with flash.. well thats posiable, but thats teh reason the flash player was made, every one hated the Windows Media Player embeded in pages.

I am told that youtube does this, you upload any type of video format and it will play it in flash on server!!!!!!!!!!

how can i do this

Quote Originally Posted by moshemarc
    I am told that youtube does this, you upload any type of video format and it will play it in flash on server!!!!!!!!!!

how can i do this
    You need to use the flash encoder SDK. The only company which makes one, as far as I know, is On2.

searched "flv" in PHP at Hotscripts,
    ( http://www.hotscripts.com/search/13091300.html )

These scripts claim to convert other video formats to flv as well(i havent tried myself):
    VideoPlayer Baboo
    Movie & Video Player Alegria