Thread: Commit1.com

Commit1.com

Hi Folks!

I had ordered 2 Servers from commit1.com (somehow he came as a surprise package in my AIM with good offers).

But I have these problems:

1, 1st server delivered to me after 2 days with wrong config.
    a) Missing Total RAM, it had 512MB order was for 1GB
    b) Duplex Mismatch , 10Mbit Half duplex
    c) Network Speed - 0.3Kbps
    d) cpanel showing hard drive error (e.g S.M.A.R.T Errors on /dev/hda
    From Command: /usr/sbin/smartctl -q errorsonly -H -l selftest -l error /dev/hda
    Warning: ATA error count 11 inconsistent with error log pointer 5

ATA Error Count: 11 (device log contains only the most recent five errors) Error 11 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 5820 hours (242 days + 12 hours) Error 10 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 5820 hours (242 days + 12 hours) Error 9 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 5820 hours (242 days + 12 hours) Error 8 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 5820 hours (242 days + 12 hours) Error 7 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 5820 hours (242 days + 12 hours)
    ----END /dev/hda--
    )

They told me they need another 1 or 2 days to fix this issue, I agreed and gave them 48 hrs.

After 48 hrs they gave me my server but it was again having same network duplex mismatch, They told me they will solve this issue but for meantime I can go ahead with migration of my data from existing server, well due to network duplex mismatch I was not able to migrate the data.

So, in this case can I seek refund?

Yes/No --- Please Suggest.

Issue No 2:

I order another box:
    AMD 2x Dual Opt 246
    3GB RAM
    120GB HDD
    DirectAdmin
    Price $240 per month

I was told by Anthony it will be ready in a same time as my first order and it was not ready even after 4 days.
    Yes/No --- Please Suggest.
    Last edited by U-HOSTS; 11-26-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Arrow should refund !!

Commit1.com should refund the fee as this guy had several issue with the provided server and the 2nd one is still not provided.

No matter what they offer you.. if they had those problems, it's probably going to continue on.. go elsewhere.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

do a search, unfortuneatly those problems seem to be common for them.

Who ever they resell for does a really poor job of supporting their resellers.

Ah, sad to hear it's still the same... I would say 48 hours is outrageous to fix a problem considering you already waited server setup time. (They should also be testing the server during that time, or at least before they give it to you..)

They resell for hostdime - unless they have another place I am unaware of.

You could probably request a refund, but good luck getting it; I requested one when I left, and haven't gotten one after three months.

When I ordered my server back when, I got what I requested, the only problem I had was slow/useless support, and the cpanel/whm license expired. (It was a 15day trial..)

I defiantly wouldn't recommend staying. I know after all that I would leave.

Good luck.
    Last edited by No1Resource; 11-26-2006 at 12:22 PM.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I have decided to move However I do not want to waste my $420 I paid, I have not used the service because at first place they have not provided the server with proper connectivity.

I have aksed for the refund but their billing department still hasn't replied.

Quote Originally Posted by U-HOSTS
    Hi!

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I have decided to move However I do not want to waste my $420 I paid, I have not used the service because at first place they have not provided the server with proper connectivity.

I have aksed for the refund but their billing department still hasn't replied.

It's one guy.

Anthony usually posts on here, you should contact him

I had ordered 2 Servers from commit1.com (somehow he came as a surprise package in my AIM with good offers).
    May I ask, who initiated the AIM contact?

Hi!

Yes, I really think commit1.com is one man company, however this guy claims he need to contact billing and he is not sure if I will get refund or not.

why should I pay for the services which was never provided to me?

The Engine --- AIM username: commit1anthony , he initiated it.

He was referring to suggestions, but I was the only one who suggested about the refund.

Not about commit1.com being a one man show.

The Engine --- AIM username: commit1anthony , he initiated it.

Did he contact you from here?

That is blatently against the policies of WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix

This client and I have been communicating for some time now via AIM. He has been on my contact list for a year+. However, I will be writing up details about this situation to clarify our part. I am currently finishing off some errands and will state our side shortly.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Commit1 Anthony
    This client and I have been communicating for some time now via AIM. He has been on my contact list for a year+. However, I will be writing up details about this situation to clarify our part. I am currently finishing off some errands and will state our side shortly.

Regards,
    No offense but is there really any point?

If what he said is true, then just refund him and say sorry.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

WireSix --- yes he did contacted me from WHT.

Commit1 also initiated contact to me on Yahoo. Apparently contacted just to ask who my provider was, but then started talking about commit1 server deals.

Just wanted to state this for the record.

I removed my IM details now to prevent this happening again.

do a search, unfortuneatly those problems seem to be common for them.

Just to clarify something - they aren't reselling for anyone. Anthony has his own cabinets with his own networking gear and servers. I also know there used to be at least four different employees over there, and a few months back he hired someone that I know. I am not sure how many people are working with them now, or how their level of service is. U-HOSTS, I hope everything works out and that the situation is properly resolved. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Diaz
    Just to clarify something - they aren't reselling for anyone. Anthony has his own cabinets with his own networking gear and servers. I also know there used to be at least four different employees over there, and a few months back he hired someone that I know. I am not sure how many people are working with them now, or how their level of service is. U-HOSTS, I hope everything works out and that the situation is properly resolved. Good luck.

thats interesting, I've never heard of it being more than one person and never heard that they did anything other than resell hostdime.

thats interesting, I've never heard of it being more than one person and never heard that they did anything other than resell hostdime.
    *Shrug* I guess I could be wrong, and the only person that can really set things straight would be Anthony. I don’t know Anthony personally, but he did hire someone that I used to work with at Site5 (although she is no longer with them). As far as I knew, there were at least four people working there at that time. I believe Commit1 has (or used to have) their servers in http://www.marlinwebhosting.com/. But maybe they are just reselling for HostDime now(?).

whois.sc/commit1.com | - Hostdime.com Inc

Thats where I was also.

They said they are not a reseller, however they have their own hardware thus I assume they have a colo space?

They do not resell our servers, they have their own staff and hardware. The simply colo in our datacenter. We have lots of colo clients and resellers. However in this case commit1 doesn't resell our servers, they have some colo space and bring in their own hardware. Some of our clients simply resell our servers but that isn't the case here.

Same guy messaged me as well....
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Quote Originally Posted by vigor
    Same guy messaged me as well....
    Can you be more clear?

Commit1 contacted him from here, is what I believe he is referring to.

Correct he messaged me on AIM, got name from WHT
    Linux junkie | steward.io

I guess it's not against the rules of WHT, mods are quiet.

Hmm, I seem to remember that Anthony said he would be back to respond about this situation. He posted this on the 26th, and hasnt been back to this thread yet.

Maybe he got the issues resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine
    I guess it's not against the rules of WHT, mods are quiet.
    While we don't allow our members to be spammed from here, it's difficult to prove that he is using WHT as the source for these IM spams. With PM we can check, email is also traceable to a point, but IM is not. It's just not possible to protect members from every conceivable angle a spammer would use...

If those members that were IM'ed can provide full details through the helpdesk, we can look into it, but again, it's difficult to prove.

hasnt been back to this thread yet
    He can't currently, look under his username up there ^^

Thanks bear for the response.

While I can understand the need for proof, perhaps 3 people (not 1 post members either) stating specifically that this person has been trying to make sales via using IM details shown on WHT, is a good enough evidence?

I thought his current status was because of this, but maybe not

Not really, it's kind of circumstantial. If this is the only place their IM is listed, and can be proven, then that means something. If he claimed to have "found the IM on WHT" specifically, maybe then. Otherwise, it's speculation.
    Can't discuss why he's got the new title, however.

commi1.com -Its a nightmare host, their network is rubbish and they force people to stay with them my holding out payments and not even bothered to say sorry and let people leave.

My Celeron server is cracking due to lack of proper network. It is taking 5 days to transfer 7GB of data.

Commit1.com transfer rate:

[[email protected] backups]# scp -r -P2800 backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz [email protected]:backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz
    [email protected]'s password:
    backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz 0% 500KB 37.4KB/s 2:39:14 ETA

37.4KB/s ===this is the good rate

commit1.com and messed network

[[email protected] backups]# scp -r -P2800 backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz [email protected]:backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz
    [email protected]'s password:
    backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz 0% 496KB 53.6KB/s 1:51:03 ETA
    backup-Dec-1-2006-1.tar.gz 0% 2096KB 16.0KB/s - stalled -Killed by signal 2.

16.0KB/s and dead

Now, finally they shutdown my server lol

Anthony is online with me in AIM, I told him to refund atleast 50% and go away with 50% but greed is stopping him to do so.

I will be updating the status of the server

I have been a very happy client with commit1.com. I have had a reseller plan for a few months now, and it has been nothing but happiness. I see from reading all of the posts above that, people haven't been getting as good a service, but that makes no sense to me. Almost like lies. I do know that there is more then one person working there, as a matter a fact, I have multiple aim contacts for support and billing. I have had minimal issues, with them and they were all fixed within 24 hours. I know that some people expect, them to be fixed in minutes but those are just the impatient ones. I think 24 hours, is reasonable. All of my issues, were fixed within minutes but I keep a 24 hour limit, to keep my cool. Because making people mad, and bashing other companies is very child like. It is possible, that other people have experienced issues, but that is something that you cant avoid. I know there were some issues, a while back with part of their backbone network, with people getting slow upload speeds, but I am pretty sure that it was fixed with in a few hours. I have had no issues with my server what so ever. I paid for it the day I signed up. It was up in minutes, and then I has been smooth sailing ever since. I have 99.8 percent uptime, and my clients are very happy with the service.
    DJ Anderson
    Need Hosting?
    www.techwebhosting.com

It's all looking good now.

1. Network issue has been fixed, they said its a NIC card (bloody onboard cheap card maybe)
    2. Ticket Reply - pretty reasonable, quick you may call it
    3. Fixing/Solving issue - quite good so far they taking matter personally.

I will keep you guys up2date in near future.