Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lpanel is pretty good most of the time ;-)

how about accountlab? i think its ok easy to use interface but the client area could do with some improvment but you could just skin and mod it yourself fairly easy

comparing phpCOIN and ClientEXEC I think phpCOIN is too much better. however this is basic but ClientExec is even more basic.

ModernBill - the interface is terrible, once I logged in the demo site, I never tried it again.

AWBS - did not yet try it, but I was not impressed by the ordering area, but I will try the trial, may be I can disable/remove somethings from order area which I don't need.

WHMCS - is impressing and very user friendly, and my answer to the user above who said the billing/invoicing system of whmcs is weak: I too got some questions about billing system, but I would not say it is weak until I get enough familiar with it and before asking billing methods issues from developer. So since we are not yet enough familiar or experienced we should not say it is weak.

ClientEXEC becoming very good these few years and better than before definately. On the other hand, WHMCS to us is best fit, there is no BEST one, because the BEST one would be the one that fit your business structure.

WHMCS is actually best to our business structure so we are still doing final testing between CLIENTEXEC and WHMCS.

Billing system is something that last the longest in your business, you just say ... is not good enough...change it. Need planning, re-training and etc!

I've used them all pretty much. Ubersmith has them all beat hands down.

Example on my business structure why WHMCS is better than ClientExec: I can edit the invoice with a negative amount! But ClientEXEC cannot.

My main concern is the invoice and the overall customization, there are a lot of users think ClientEXEC is good/best but is it BEST to you? You have to test it out! Else I wont be like testing months on which is better for us, long term and etc

Not too many votes here for Lpanel, why is that ?

How you think of LPanel?

they are many out there, but i find whm.autopilot v3 to be the best for me

Quote Originally Posted by pdqnetworks
    Not too many votes here for Lpanel, why is that ?
    Probably because LPanel is one of the worst out there.
    ANY "billing" panel that requires a certain control panel (in this case CPanel) is doing things wrong. Of course, any "billing" panel that doesn't let you download and install the product yourself is wrong as well, but that's a different story.

I tried LPanel for a few months a year or two ago, and thought it sucked then. Support was slow, the whole "CPanel requirement" thing was just wrong. Have they changed? Well, they still require CPanel to install things, and their demo is down. Doesn't look good at all for them.

they are many out there, but i find whm.autopilot v3 to be the best for me
    WHMAP3 doesn't even hold a candle to WHMCS, or a number of the others out there. At least MB TRIES to put in support, WHMAP doesn't even come close there. As far as setting things up? I took a look at WHMAP3 a few months back and it didn't even look close to WHMCS.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

I personally enjoy CE and/or Ubersmith. With Billing systems there is an age old debate on which is better much like the debate on which car manufacture is better, Ford or Chevy. In the end - it will come down to what your needs and expectations are.

1) Does it do what you need it to?
    2) Does it allow for growth of your company far beyond what you expect? This includes not only client growth but the incorporation of multiple servers setup to do different task (ie, shared servers, mail servers, etc)
    3) Does the level of security offered by the program meet your standards?
    4) Does it have the modules you need?
    5) Is the companies support response time adequate enough? (remember, you will have your own clients, so response time is important)
    6) Does the company appear to be making updates on their product?
    7) Is it a popular product in the industry?
    8) Will your clients find it easy to use and professional?

These are in no real order and I am sure anyone could add on them but it comes down to your companies needs. For us - UberSmith. For you mayber CE or WHMCS. The first thing would be to setup a 5 year plan and see where you want your company to be in 5 years and how you are going to get there. Then - decided if your billing system is right for that planning.

3)

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    I personally enjoy CE and/or Ubersmith. With Billing systems there is an age old debate on which is better much like the debate on which car manufacture is better, Ford or Chevy. In the end - it will come down to what your needs and expectations are.

1) Does it do what you need it to?
    2) Does it allow for growth of your company far beyond what you expect? This includes not only client growth but the incorporation of multiple servers setup to do different task (ie, shared servers, mail servers, etc)
    3) Does the level of security offered by the program meet your standards?
    4) Does it have the modules you need?
    5) Is the companies support response time adequate enough? (remember, you will have your own clients, so response time is important)
    6) Does the company appear to be making updates on their product?
    7) Is it a popular product in the industry?
    8) Will your clients find it easy to use and professional?

These are in no real order and I am sure anyone could add on them but it comes down to your companies needs. For us - UberSmith. For you mayber CE or WHMCS. The first thing would be to setup a 5 year plan and see where you want your company to be in 5 years and how you are going to get there. Then - decided if your billing system is right for that planning.

3)
    could not agree more.

i always tend to add 2 cents to these threads but the thing i consitently say is its a matter of whats best for YOU.

After trying WHMCS, WHMautopilot, modernbill & client exec i know which is best FOR me.

Its probably not the one you think it is either. So i say test them if you can and decided for yourself..
    - Steve D
    SERVBoston: Hosting since 2003
    Shared, Reseller, VPS.
    Top Notch Support from a veteran hosting company!

I guess lpanel hasn't changed much but I prefer it to some of the others I tried i.e. clientexec.

Quote Originally Posted by pdqnetworks
    I guess lpanel hasn't changed much but I prefer it to some of the others I tried i.e. clientexec.
    I have tried lpanel. Its product, code, support, etc, etc, are all junk. The whole thing is completely thrown together with barely any planning or logic. I definitely do not recommend it.

Sorry for newb question but is

WHM autopilot the older version of WHM Complete Solution?

^ No idea, never used it ^

But i would suggest clientexec, i found it very easy to use.. i would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by chpkorean
    Sorry for newb question but is

WHM autopilot the older version of WHM Complete Solution?
    No, WHMAP is the newer version of "webhost manager in a box" I believe. WHMCS is a different application.

ou could say WHMAP is the very old version of WHMCS

WHMCS is great, and Matt is amazing with support.

We use both modernbill and whmcs. They both work great and we would almost consider replacing modernbill with it. We have been using modernbill for many years now and hope to continue using it. modernbill is still in *beta* stages with version 5, even tho they claim it's a stable release.

You can't go wrong with whmcs tho.. (whmcs.com) low cost, support system built into the billing software. Great purchase for any company looking for a ticket system/billing system all in one.

WHMCS is great! I will try V3 BETA tonight tomorrow... depends on how busy I am!
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

Quote Originally Posted by James-Fagan
    WHMCS is great! I will try V3 BETA tonight tomorrow... depends on how busy I am!
    Don't use it in production. It's pretty buggy. I made that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sohan
    Don't use it in production. It's pretty buggy. I made that mistake.
    oo thanks for that! when you say buggy... wat r u implying?
    Your reading skill has increased by one point!
    computers are cool now OK!

Quote Originally Posted by James-Fagan
    oo thanks for that! when you say buggy... wat r u implying?
    Well there are errors in the scripts, some blank pages etc. But if you report it to Matt, he'll have it fixed the same day!

V2 is fine, no problems what so ever.

Note that ModernBill V-4 does NOT work on any 64 bit servers.
    SEOwhiz
    Outsourced SEO services for Developers and Agencies
    Keyword and Competitive Research, Copywriting and Link Building
    https://seowhiz.com

Clientexec in my books

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast