Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Hostgator - Any experiences?!

Hi,

Any positive/negative experiences with hostgator virtual/dedicated hosting?!

Thanks,
    Garps

Hi Garps, welcome to the Forums! If you do a search here you'll find tons of reviews on HostGator. For the most part they get pretty good reviews, and people from the company (including the owner) are active here.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by Garps
    Hi,

Any positive/negative experiences with hostgator virtual/dedicated hosting?!

Thanks,
    Garps
    I don't have any experience with hostgator, but if you do a search here, you should be able to find some if not alot since hostgator been operating for sometimes now.

Below are some post I found on hostgator:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=hostgator

there should be more Hope it helps

dedicated hosting services.

Hello, The company is well reputed and the reviews are also very good, but at the same time there are some bad reviews also, i think that doesnt matter much to a big hosting company. However, if you need check more hosting companies that provide good dedicated hosting packages, i can name a few. Let me know, cheers

If the companies is big then one or two bad reviews (compared to hundreds good reviews) are okay depending the nature of the review. It's hard to please everybody.

But if you see only one review about a company, and it's negative. Alert

Good luck!
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Quote Originally Posted by edu4vision
    But if you see only one review about a company, and it's negative. Alert

Good luck!
    I would disagree. Although you could be right, it's more likely people will leave a negative review than a positive one. People tend to go out of their way when they feel their getting screwed then when things run smoothly.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2Macs
    I would disagree. Although you could be right, it's more likely people will leave a negative review than a positive one. People tend to go out of their way when they feel their getting screwed then when things run smoothly.
    I agree. Happy people tend to keep quiet and go about their business.

Anyway, good luck.
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

I used the HostGator Baby plan for about two years up until recently to host my personal resume site. Of course, a resume hardly puts a hosting account through its paces, but I was pleased with the uptime and the support. I could fully recommend HostGator to you.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2Macs
    That is right. A negative review might come from just one terrible experience while a positive review usually comes from months with no bad experiences.
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

I never used their Dedicated services however I was on their Shared and at one point, their Reseller packages and was pleasantly pleased with the support and service when needed.

I hosted with HG for a good solid 8 or so months and have nothing but warm happy feelings about them
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

How is server load and MySQL connectivity at HG?
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

I was with them for some time. I had several MySQL database connections running on my webspace with a lot of PHP and never had any trouble. It is a good service and the Support is always there, however the only bad thing I can say is that when I did need to use the Support, they were patronizing and condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by ufopsi
    How is server load and MySQL connectivity at HG?
    Might be a good idea to contact them and tell them exactly what you plan to host on their servers and find out what they think about it.

I have been chatting with them, asking many questions. They answered them all, very kindly. Plus my site is not an intensive one. The reason I wrote my previous post is that with Fasthosts anything MySQL driven becomes often unusable at certain times. Next week I'll be moving.
    Last edited by ufopsi; 11-26-2006 at 06:04 AM.
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

i can tell, not bad
    for $9.95/mo
    you can give them a try with the free coupon
    I Love WHT

When I used host gator, I was extremely pleased with their service and support.

Quote Originally Posted by sober
    i can tell, not bad
    for $9.95/mo
    you can give them a try with the free coupon
    yess ... Last time i using "JURY" coupon adn get 9.95 off. really good

Quote Originally Posted by FR-Alex
    When I used host gator, I was extremely pleased with their service and support.
    Agree. I read a lot of good review about them.

I have been with HostGator for a couple of years. The service has been very good. I have the small reseller account for $25 per month. It is fast and reliable. Support via email has been very good. All in all, an excellent company.

Jeff

I loved hostgator until I upgraded my account from a baby to an aluminum reseller and they then charged me for both! I pointed this out to the support guy and he said it was my fault for not cancelling the original account. I then pointed out to him (he was kinda snotty) that there was nothing in the "upgrade email" that said I had to, and had never had this problem upgrading with other hosts, so he pointed me to the fine print in the TOS. This kind of creative bookkeeping tends to leave a really bad taste in my mouth. All my domains were moved within an hour of this incident. It's a shame, I'd sent them a lot of business up until then.

@KickassWebDesign Well some companies do that, but most usually just close your previous account or send you email asking for which option you want, just a plain upgrade to new and terminating old one or something similar.

I suppose it wouldnt be of any using asking your domain cause you said you already moved away from them.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

LOL! Yeah, I moved to the gridserver at MediaTemple! I wish I had found this forum first! *sigh*

Garps,

We are a customer of Hostgator (have been customer of other hosts) and we find them to be very good.

In short, they :
    - provide excellent support – whether phone, email, ticket, forum or live chat
    - do not oversell
    - stable and reliable – high uptime and performance.
    - allow hosting of unlimited domains/websites in 1 account.
    - reasonable/affordable pricing.

This kind of creative bookkeeping tends to leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
    I'm not sure how much their policy has with bookeeping, and how much with preventing other unpleasant situations, llike having the customer ask why the shared hosting account was closed when he didn't specifically ask for it.

What's your ticket number on that? We always refund when it comes to an upgrade and something like this happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast