Nutsmail with phpSuExec ?

Hello,

I have bought Nutsmail yesterday but I am having an issue installing it on
    my cPanel server running phpSuExec.

I have phpSuExec turned on and I could not find a way to install Nutsmail server-wide.

I have placed a folder with nutsmail under /usr/local/share

I have edited httpd.conf and changed /webmail redirects so its looking like:

#ScriptAlias /webmail /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/wredirect.cgi
    #ScriptAliasMatch ^/webmail/(.*) /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/wredirect.cgi
    Alias /webmail /usr/local/share/nutsmail

The issue is that when I go to http://domain.com/webmail I get error 500. This
    is happening because /usr/local/share/nutsmail is owned by another user.
    If I make it owned by a specific user I will only be able to use the Webmail under
    a specific domain and I would like to make a server wide set up.

Please help me.
    Dedicated Servers, Managed OpenStack Cloud, Colocation and Managed Colocation in Brazil
    Privately owned 10,000 server capacity Data Center
    maxihost.com.br/en
    +1-844-243-9907

Please check your files & folder permission. Set it as own by wheel user.

didnt work.
    Dedicated Servers, Managed OpenStack Cloud, Colocation and Managed Colocation in Brazil
    Privately owned 10,000 server capacity Data Center
    maxihost.com.br/en
    +1-844-243-9907

Make sure you not set chmod 755 to php file. You will get the error 500. Can you try set all your folders and files to user root.wheel?

Lance at Nutsmail just informed me:

"It is impossible to do a server-wide installation on a system with
    phpsuexec enabled."

Is this not true? Have you got it to function helmishariff?

I placed it into /usr/share/ and chowned to root:wheel as suggested but still receive internal server errors.

I don't know but it is work fine on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by solokron
    Lance at Nutsmail just informed me:

"It is impossible to do a server-wide installation on a system with
    phpsuexec enabled."

Is this not true? Have you got it to function helmishariff?

I placed it into /usr/share/ and chowned to root:wheel as suggested but still receive internal server errors.
    If you install NutsMail and directly integrate it into cPanel, it will work on a server with phpsuexec.

Install it under /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/nutsmail for example, then modify /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmaillogin.cgi and add the link.

There is a way to have it accept the mail password from cPanel (so you don't have to login twice) but I don't know if I can post the example or not since they charge for that (installation) service... might be against some agreement in the license.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Considering I was told it is impossible to get installed on a server with phpsuexec I don't think that would be a problem as if I get this going I can document the process for them as phpsuexec is widely used.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H
    If you install NutsMail and directly integrate it into cPanel, it will work on a server with phpsuexec.

Install it under /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/nutsmail for example, then modify /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmaillogin.cgi and add the link.

There is a way to have it accept the mail password from cPanel (so you don't have to login twice) but I don't know if I can post the example or not since they charge for that (installation) service... might be against some agreement in the license.

I have it working in a php suexec environment. The problem I am finding is the html email plugin does not function. html emails do not display as they should. I tried emulating what horde does with using cpanel user and group which did not do much.

Anyone get this working?

*Update. I missed a client preference that was necessary to view html as the default.

ok so it is the html creation plugin that is not working with php suexec. Anyone get this working?

The issue is that cpanel has a way (they haven't disclosed to us how they do it) to circumvent phpsuexec and serve a single installation of squirrelmail cross-domain. However the redirection they use causes the html mail compose plugin (which uses fckeditor, this is the part affected) to malfunction.

from what I understand, phpsuxec's purpose is to prevent the sort of thing that is being attempted, serving a single script across more than one user account on a server to prevent malicious attacks being sent out from one account to another.

any feedback or ideas to help solve this problem would be greatly appreciated as we have a number of customers that have switched hosting solutions to a host that has phpsuexec enabled.

-Lance
    Nutsmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by lance_nutsmail
    The issue is that cpanel has a way (they haven't disclosed to us how they do it) to circumvent phpsuexec and serve a single installation of squirrelmail cross-domain. However the redirection they use causes the html mail compose plugin (which uses fckeditor, this is the part affected) to malfunction.

from what I understand, phpsuxec's purpose is to prevent the sort of thing that is being attempted, serving a single script across more than one user account on a server to prevent malicious attacks being sent out from one account to another.

any feedback or ideas to help solve this problem would be greatly appreciated as we have a number of customers that have switched hosting solutions to a host that has phpsuexec enabled.

-Lance
    Nutsmail.com
    I posted two (very crude) shell scripts under the hosting tutorial forum that will install NutsMail on a global level for cPanel, basically what you're looking to do... but you are correct that the fckeditor does not work (for FireFox) due to the XML's not being parsed.

I have already put in a feature request to have cpsrvd parse XML files... hopefully they'll add it in the future.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.