Threaded View

Legal Issues & Web Hosting Problems

Alright,

I was a part of some private forums, and in these forums a member posted a special deal for forum members. I checked out the site he had a fully working site. With the whole 99.9% uptime guarantee, etc.
    So I purchased one of the plans with him. After purchasing the site I recieved 3 full days of a working cPanel account. Where I placed my site up and got it preped for users. Then I paid a local company for some advertising in local shops (related to the web site).
    Now here is where it got odd. I get home that evening to check on my web site. It's gone, as in deleted. I see nothing (but the default message with cpanel), so I contact the admin. Since that fourth day I've gotten nothing but new logins (that have never worked), nameservers for my domain that have not worked. Click here for my web site (gone) www DOT hvactech DOT com
    Then they have take down there original site which was located at www DOT softech-hosting DOT co DOT uk . Which is no longer a viewable web site. and gave me this site instead www DOT softhosting DOT co DOT uk

So I've contacted Paypal and I have to wait 3 days before filing a claim. Which will happen in another day. He has yet to contact Paypal about the dispute. My question is, is there from a legal stand point a fighting arguement with a lawyer? As far as the advertising stand point and the web hosting being down. Ive paid quite some money, and I'd like to get some of it back from this whole transaction. Also, will Paypal give my money back? Has anyone ever had this happen to them before?

Thanks for the help,
    Josh
    Last edited by JSteele; 11-25-2006 at 10:46 AM.