Do Customers Need to Login Twice

Excuse my ignorance, but am new to all this. I am thinking off reselling but my biggest issue is the fact that I need two types of software, yes, Billing (eg MB, WHMCS) and Server Management (eg Plesk etc). So if my client has a billing issue do they need to login into the MB control panel, and lodge a support ticket and then if they have a server issues, say email set up or adding email accounts they need to do that through Plesk... THis seems like it could be a downfall in a reseller business, anyone agree? Or am I totally off the mark with my assumptions?

Many companies who resell use two panels, ClientExec or ModernBill etc, for their billing while their clients log in through cPanel, Plesk or whatever.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

So does the customer login into mb as well as plesk?

I do not see a problem with this!

Should you have MB as well as Plesk, the customer would use MB for billing and Plesk for his website related items, yes.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

We do all support through the billing software (in this example, MB) because it's the best way to prove identity. If it was a website issue, say the password needed reset, would you do it when all you had was an email that looked like it was from the customer, or would you want to do it if you know the customer had to login with billing credentials first and therefore could be identified?

I hope I made sense there...

With H-Sphere everything is done under one client control panel.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Yes, customers have to log into different areas of their accounts. You can't expect to log into email, for example, and see your billing information.

Support should be done under one software solution though. You don't need 2 separate support softwares for each login though.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Yes, customers have to log into different areas of their accounts. You can't expect to log into email, for example, and see your billing information.

Support should be done under one software solution though. You don't need 2 separate support softwares for each login though.

--Tina
    So the do I disable support in Plesk? What if they login into to add a new email address, and need help doing it, won't they see (in plesk) add a support ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by GamePhreak
    We do all support through the billing software (in this example, MB) because it's the best way to prove identity. If it was a website issue, say the password needed reset, would you do it when all you had was an email that looked like it was from the customer, or would you want to do it if you know the customer had to login with billing credentials first and therefore could be identified?

I hope I made sense there...
    But can you reset Server issues through say MB? Or do I just do it myself through Plesk and then add a ticket to MB for the customer to see? My confusion is that MediaTemple offer reseller acounts, and they give you Plesk as part of the package, but would the customer never need to login into Plesk?