Budget Multiple Domain Hosting

I currently have 2 domains hosted with Dreamhost where I had signed up last year using their $97 discount coupon.
    Too bad the discount coupon doesn't apply to renewals.

I am now looking for a new Budget Multiple Domain Hosting.
    My requirements are as follows:
    1. Cost per month around $5-$6
    2. Its ok if the host oversells....I have no problem with that.
    3. It should be a reasonably well known host hosting atleast a few thousand websites.....in other words it should not be a very new player in the business....should be around for last few years.

Currently I am hosting 2 domains....I might need to host a couple more in the future.

I have currently shortlisted:
    1. Hostmonster : Problem is that the $4.95 applies to a 2 year contract.
    2. Lunarpages : With discount coupons I get a rate of about $5.9. But it allows only 1 free addon domain. Its ok as of now but not futureproof.
    3. IXWebhosting : $3.95 for 2 domain & $6.45 for 8 domains. Thinking of going for the $3.95 plan now & upgrade later if I need to add more domains.
    4. Godaddy : getting a rate of $5.59 using discount coupons. But they don't seem to have a good reputation on WHT.
    5. Cirtexhosting: $4.50 plan looks good. But promise only a 99.5% uptime.
    6. ResellerZoom: Budget One plan for $4.95 a month.

Could anyone add to this list or help me to choose within these?

One more question. On Dreamhost my multiple domains are 2 different main directories in the root. Other hosts like Hostmonster offer multiple hosting using subdirectories of the primary site. Does it make a difference? I would prefer a Dreamhost kind of directory structure.

ResellerZoom has excellent review here, plus been using them for quite sometimes on both their advance (before failover) and budget plan, and have yet notice any downtimes ever since.

So, yeah recommendation goes to resellerzoom.

Hostgator.com ?

I dont know much about budget hosting, but I've seen thier name mentioned quite a bit here.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kdoubt
    Hostgator.com ?

I dont know much about budget hosting, but I've seen thier name mentioned quite a bit here.
    Its $9.95 a month....with coupon comes to $9 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhilpai
    Its $9.95 a month....with coupon comes to $9 a month.
    Thats $9 for the first month only
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

You have some of the hosts with worst reputation on the net on your list.

What do you used to do it?
    I suggest to avoid recommendations of those "top 10 host" directories, they are based on CJ affiliate payments usually.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I am quite sure this is not what you want to hear, but.....I'm going to say it anyway. Are you happy with Dreamhost? Even if the price is a little higher than what you wish to pay, why switch when you're happy otherwise? I can't see fixing something that's not necessarily broken; you'd do better just to stay put.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    I am quite sure this is not what you want to hear, but.....I'm going to say it anyway. Are you happy with Dreamhost? Even if the price is a little higher than what you wish to pay, why switch when you're happy otherwise? I can't see fixing something that's not necessarily broken; you'd do better just to stay put.
    Ya, I am quite happy with Dreamhost. But don't want to pay $9.95 per month for web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    You have some of the hosts with worst reputation on the net on your list.

What do you used to do it?
    I suggest to avoid recommendations of those "top 10 host" directories, they are based on CJ affiliate payments usually.
    Which one would u recommend in this price range?

ResellerZoom's budged 1 is very nice..You can give them a try, plus the cost is not high really (even tho, thats a reseller account with WHT access).

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw
    (even tho, thats a reseller account with WHT access).
    I didn't know that ResellerZoom was affiliated with WHT .
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

LoL, my mistake I ment WHM (a typo)

$5-$6/month for a domain?
    mbkweb Meets all your needs, Website Building Tools, cpanel, Great customer support. Email reply within a maximum of 5 hours. LIVE help and development guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by mbkweb
    $5-$6/month for a domain?
    For hosting

Ya, I am quite happy with Dreamhost. But don't want to pay $9.95 per month for web hosting.
    If you pay for two years, it's 7.95.

Frankly, among the el cheopo hosts, I think DreamHost is pretty good if not one of the best.

Servage can possibly beat DreamHost in webserver reliability because they have redundant clusters.
    But they have daily bandwidth limit, they have a bit limited control panel, and they don't have support forum nor wiki nor error logs.

Site5 has more strict TOS and I'm not sure if they use RAID storage.
    They have some tools DreamHost doesn't offer, (flash back, for example).
    But similar feature can be written by yourself using cvs/svn or even simple RCS.

And when you go under $5 category, there are yet more chance of getting bad el cheapo hosts.

If you are currently placed on the good server at DreamHost, I would suggest staying there, and work several hours more next year.
    Even with the minimum salary (in US/Canada), it will cover the differences of a few dollars per month.

Besides the ability to host multiple domains - how much space and bandwidth do you actually need?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Diaz
    Besides the ability to host multiple domains - how much space and bandwidth do you actually need?
    They are very small sites in terms of space ...say not more than 40 to 50 MB for a single domain. That would mean very less bandwidth as well.

They are very small sites in terms of space ...say not more than 40 to 50 MB for a single domain. That would mean very less bandwidth as well.
    Well, I know you don’t mind going with an “oversold” host, however, because your (exceedingly realistic) resource requirements are so low, you can also go with some of the “higher-end” hosting companies that offer small “starter-type” packages. For example, the following web hosting companies all offer above-par services and have starter packages that can meet your requirements:

Dotable – they have a plan for $37.50 per year (~$3.13 per month) that allows you to host up to 10 “addon” domains.

AxisHost – they also have a starter package that allows you to host unlimited domains from $5.99 per month.

A Small Orange – they have a plan for $5.00 per month that allows you to host unlimited addon domains.

This is just a small list, but it’s also a good pool of companies for you to start looking at. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new host!

I was having database performance problems with godaddy. They swore it was my fault. I swore it was the way they had the database server set-up.

The net is, I've moved everything over to lunarpages. Only been there a week but I'm very happy with the site performance and the price isn't too bad. Yes, you have to pay for additional sites beyond the first two.

So far, so good.

HostNexus.com are a reliable multiple domain hosting provider, maybe you could check them out.
    Tahir Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Reseller Hosting Solutions • Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel • Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

I recommend budget plan with ResellerZoom. I am with them for over a month now and it's just too good. My site receives ~5-7k hits a day and, it never seems to have show any signs of a problem in terms of it being slow or anything otherwise.
    Web Hosting Blog - An exclusive blog on Web Hosting Industry and hosting related topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan Diaz
    Well, I know you don’t mind going with an “oversold” host, however, because your (exceedingly realistic) resource requirements are so low, you can also go with some of the “higher-end” hosting companies that offer small “starter-type” packages. For example, the following web hosting companies all offer above-par services and have starter packages that can meet your requirements:

Dotable – they have a plan for $37.50 per year (~$3.13 per month) that allows you to host up to 10 “addon” domains.

AxisHost – they also have a starter package that allows you to host unlimited domains from $5.99 per month.

A Small Orange – they have a plan for $5.00 per month that allows you to host unlimited addon domains.

This is just a small list, but it’s also a good pool of companies for you to start looking at. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new host!
    Thanks Brendan. These 3 hosts are quite interesting.
    I am a bit confused about Dotable's SD-1 Plan which hosts 10 'addon' domains. Its called the Single Domain Plan !!!
    And there are separate Multi Domain plans which are more expensive.
    Whats the difference?

Is Steadfast.net a good option for Multiple hosting?

Out of Asmallorange, Axishost, Dotable & Steadfast, can anyone suggest the better one?