Problem with front USB ports

okay, so I am lazy.

I have had this case for about 2 years, and never hooked up the front panel usb ports.

I did it a few weeks ago because one of my usb ports in the back is taking a crap.

Anyways, if I plug something into the front usb ports, windows popups up a ballon that says the device malfunctioned. I thought my webcam was just broke, but it works on my laptop, and if I plug anything into the front it does not work.

Now, I was thinking maybe the plugs are not in the right spot on the MB, but, then if that was the case, windows would not even know anything got plugged in would it?

So maybe this is a driver issue?

Check and make sure the little female end of the USB ports are being plugged into the correct male pins. Drivers should really have nothing to do with this, and it is more likely that a cable isn't plugged in correctly. If you have any other USB devices plugged into the motherboard headers try swapping them from the front USB ports, to see if the header on your motherboard is bad.

Alex

On some motherbroad you can plug them in backwards
    Micro Dynamic is your one stop shop for all of your internet marketing promotion needs. Micro Dynamic.

I just fixed this about 15 minutes ago. Something was not hooked up right, I rehooked up all the wires, and it works fine now.

Thanks for the help guys.