why don't customer change host?

I don't know if anyone also agree with that, seems web hosting clients are very sticky and refuse to switch to other host.

Why dont' they change hosting company then?
    bluebubble

As if they happy with what they got why do they need to move.

If you provide a good service, they will stick with you. People that has been on the web for more than a year, know already that finding a decent host is not so easy...

Some do change. Many times because of price: they are attracted by one of those impossible offers. But if you have delivered good support, around 50% of them will come back.

If you have downtimes quite often, you will then experience that your affirmation is false by far.

Q

So
    ComfortHost.NET. Top quality hosting. And a personal touch.
    ** web hosting ** reseller hosting ** VPS ** Managed Servers **

agreed with agoraquimica ,

It's hard to find a decent host. I found one, why move?

I will become customers to more companies when I need to expand my portfolio, but switch all and gamble everything on a new found host? No way.
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

It can also be quite time consuming to move hosts and be a daunting task for someone who is not knowledgeable with servers, control panels, and websites.

I have found that some clients will not change hosts unless that there is a critical reason for them to change, such as their website being offline for an long period of time.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

This is why you need patients in hosting it can take time.

I second thehostinglist. For most customers, just get a web site up and running is more magic and guesswork than anything else. Once they're running somewhere, they don't want to go through the hassle of switching.

You'll find many people are tolerant to problems and downtime if given an adequate response.

But, there are different kinds of customers... technical ones will always look for the most control, bargain hunters with some knowledge will always go for a better deal, and the less technical will move if they find a more personal experience. I think the vast majority are scared of the idea of trying to move a site.

Most people aren't used to the basic ideas of computers (eg what a windows is, what the window is doing [settings, logging in, informing them, spyware etc ]) so having to combine the lack of knowledge of computers (and even getting to something like a control panel or FTP program) with the added complexity of using the tool appropriately is a truly daunting task.

Perhaps it's because they are happy with their current provider. Think about it from the client's perspective: you're happy with your current hosting service. You may sometimes think you're paying too much, but if you have no other complaints, why switch to a provider you know nothing about?

In other words, don't fix what ain't broke!!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

It's also because of loyalty. If a customer is with a host long enough, they tend not to switch even though there may be reasons to, simply because they are loyal to that brand. Take 1&1: They offered 3 years of free hosting, and many of those clients returned to a paying package afterwards.

Its all about the relationship they develop, one more factor could be the host providers might be giving them extra credit limit, I guess.