Thumbs down namecheap problem

Hello, my name is Victor Talamantes. I've visited webhostingtalk forums since 4 years ago looking for reviews and opinions on hosting companies, etc.

This is the first time I have an issue that haven't been resolved.

The situation is that I added funds and bought a domain name in namecheap.com and I also bought a new hosting service in a different company where I am right now. I was hoping to use the new hosting to put two sites there One that I have in another hosting company and the new one (the domain that I bought).

The problem is that I used a friend's credit card, everything worked fine but after a few minutes my account in namecheap went locked. Thing that I perfectly understand because the card is not mine and they wanted to make sure that it is not a fraud or something. I contacted them and alked about it, they said the anti-fraud team needed to call me to verify my last transactions, I gived my phone number and my friends number too and nothing. Ok, I told them that if my last transactions were causing problems then just cancel them and give my friend's money back but reactive my account.

They haven't done anything about it since 36 hrs ago. I'm writing this here because I'm desesperate. Today is my last day with my old hosting company and they will renew for another month tomorrow, so I need to change hosts today and I can't do it because I can't change the DNS of my domain!!

And all that for just $10 bucks that I added to my namecheap funds.
    Last edited by vtalamantes; 11-24-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Try to contact: Richard Kirkendall
    richard.internalatnamecheap.com (remove at and put @)
    NameCheap is a good Registrar
    Support is a bit slow
    Can anyone else help?
    Last edited by busterz; 11-24-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Sounds like bad timing, with yesterday being thanksgiving many people get thursday and friday off, for a four day weekend. Many companies are working with just a skeleton crew.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by trau
    Sounds like bad timing, with yesterday being thanksgiving many people get thursday and friday off, for a four day weekend. Many companies are working with just a skeleton crew.
    yes, I'm afraid so. However, they finally unlocked my account! : )

i dont like namecheap

they take lots of time to response or do any work ..

i prefer register.com its the best for me

I've started moving all my domains from namecheap to dynadot, I believe namecheap is going down hill unfortunantly...

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    I've started moving all my domains from namecheap to dynadot, I believe namecheap is going down hill unfortunantly...
    That bad, huh? How come?

I think their support is getting worse but if you don't need support, there still very good. Hopefully, the new ticketing system will help.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    That bad, huh? How come?
    I just see their support is going down hill. I asked them to remove some domains from my account that I transfered out and the guy just told me to use the synchronize feature.....well that feature doesn't work on .org or .us (which were the domains I was complaining about). Currently I have nearlly 200 domains with Moniker and around 30 with DynaDot, I expect that Dynadot number to reach 100 real soon.

And thats your biggest complaint? This reminds me of those "loyal" football sports fans that change teams according to whose winning the the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by domainintelligent
    And thats your biggest complaint? This reminds me of those "loyal" football sports fans that change teams according to whose winning the the Super Bowl.
    No my biggest complaint is that they still aren't an ICANN accredited registrar, so I'll move my domains to a company that is and that responds properly to support requests.

Ross, if this is really your biggest complain, just think over this for a moment...

Guy at the support probably meant that you can help yourself. *OF COURSE* he/she could remove domains from your account, but since NC has this feature, it was support's duty to explain how can you do this yourself.

However, if that feature doesn't work for some TLDs, you could explain your situation, got the domains removed by the support and the bug reported to their programmers...

Will you contact them again?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Yes they are.OK I can understand, looking at all RegisterFly's problem, they might be a little bit hesitent.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    No my biggest complaint is that they still aren't an ICANN accredited registrar, so I'll move my domains to a company that is and that responds properly to support requests.
    Technically they're not an ICANN-accredited registrar yet, despite having bought
    one already. But then, you don't necessarily need to be one if you're still able to
    provide "adequate" support.

There are a few threads at the Web Hosting section where many hosts are also
    registrar's resellers. Yet some of them managed to help some of their customers'
    domain management concerns.

But...you're entitled to your reasons. And I understand them anyway.

BTW, you might want to check with Dynadot regarding some things in their legal
    fine prints. There are a few portions which are eerily similar to someone else's.

You guys can jump all over me as you want but when you have nearly $1400 in domains with a single registrar it makes a big difference in who you go with.

I'll go with a company thats always been professional and extremely responsive.

I have domains in other registrars as well, but the majority of my domains are at Namecheap and they have always been proffesional and responsive to my requests, as have my other registrars. I think their popularity would confirm their proffesionalism and from what I see, for the owner to personally come and resolve issues, strikes big marks with me. As for being ICANN accredited, they are resellers for ENOM (which is ICANN accredited) in which they do have to follow the same ICANN guidelines.

Did you "email" them or did you use their contact form?
    There have been numerous problems in the past with email getting through to them. Not that this is an excuse, by any means, but it could be easily resolved by opening a support ticket with them
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I think since they have installed a ticket system (finally!), everything will be even better...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).