Mapping IPs to countries

anyone knows of a tool or online database etc. where IP addresses can be mapped to specific countries? E.g. 62.213.12.167 would point to Danmark (I haven't actually tested it). That would be quite usefull for traffic analysis.

sjau
    sjau
    "The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one."

Well... I can't really figure out where that IP goes b/c it seems to be offline...

Although I did get it all the way to Russia.... No where further

http://visualroute.visualware.com/ is a good tool to show you physical location.

Code:
    Report for 62.213.12.167

Analysis: IP packets are being lost past network "Close Joint Stock Company TransTeleCom" at hop 11. 
    There is insufficient cached information to determine the next network at hop 12. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Hop | %Loss | IP Address     | Node Name                              | Location             | Tzone  | ms  | Graph      | Network                                |
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | 0   |       | 161.58.180.113 | win10115.iad.dn.net                    | Dulles, VA, USA      | -05:00 |     |            | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 1   |       | 161.58.176.129 | -                                      | ?Englewood, CO 80112 |        | 0   | x          | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 2   |       | 161.58.156.140 | -                                      | ?Englewood, CO 80112 |        | 0   | x          | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 3   |       | 129.250.27.215 | ge-1-3-0.r02.stngva01.us.bb.verio.net  | Sterling, VA, USA    | -05:00 | 0   | x          | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 4   |       | 129.250.5.47   | p16-7-0-0.r02.mclnva02.us.bb.verio.net | Mclean, VA, USA      | -05:00 | 0   | x          | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 5   |       | 129.250.5.249  | p4-3-0.r00.mclnva02.us.bb.verio.net    | Mclean, VA, USA      | -05:00 | 0   | x          | Verio, Inc.                            |
    | 6   |       | 198.32.187.147 | mae-east.cais.net                      | Vienna, VA, USA      |        | 0   | x          | Exchange Point Blocks                  |
    | 7   |       | 63.216.3.58    | pos5-2.core.nyc.cais.net               | -                    |        | 0   | x          | CAIS Internet                          |
    | 8   |       | 63.216.4.49    | stm1-2-3-ar01.nyc01.pccwbtn.net        | ?McLean, VA 22101    |        | 0   | x          | CAIS Internet                          |
    | 9   |       | 209.170.66.42  | stm4-1-0-cr01.ldn01.pccwbtn.net        | ?Reston, VA 20191    |        | 68  |   x        | Beyond the Network, Inc.               |
    | 10  |       | 213.248.118.24 | -                                      | ?(United Kingdom)    | *      | 63  |   x        | Beyond the Network - Europe            |
    | 11  |       | 217.150.38.141 | SvyazInform-gw1.transtelecom.net       | ?Moscow, Russia      |        | 203 |        x-- | Close Joint Stock Company TransTeleCom |
    | ... |       |                |                                        |                      |        |     |            |                                        |
    | ?   |       | 62.213.12.167  | -                                      | ?Samara, Russia      |        |     |            | Network of the Samara Telegraph        |

maybe I expressed myself unclearly. That IP was just a test example. Nothing to take serious.

What I'd like to do is to have some kind of utilty (preferrably running on PHP / MySQL) that will create traffic stats not based on IPs but based on countries.
    You know, I keep loggin the IPs of visitors but when I actually want to analyze the traffic that I don't see IPs but e.g. USA 1000 hits / Canada 800 Hits / England 214 Hits / ...
    Anyone knows of some kind of utility or some huge database where each IP is mapped to a country so that I could incorporate that into a MySQL DB?

sjau
    sjau
    "The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one."