VPS, location: UK

Looking for a cheap VPS ~ £10 a month preferably located in the UK. Would like to be able to host a counter strike source server and maybe a Ventrilo server, as well as a clan forum and other webpages, dedicated is well out of my price range. Might be able to afford £20 a month if the spec is good.

Alternative I am interested in colocation.

Thanks
    Kingdavies

£10 is far too low for a VPS for a Counter-Strike server. I don't even know if a normal VPS can handle a Source server...

First of all your budget seems extremely low so I would look for a host that is in Europe but not UK as they seem more expensive.

But I'm afraid for the things you want, you'll going to need a reality check with your budget.

If you can afford £20 a month then consider sharing a dedicated with a friend and getting it from Leaseweb.

May be yuou can find a VPs on East Europe not in UK

Servelocity would most likely suit that, their VPS's start from £9.95/mo, nothing special.

I've ran some CSS servers on them before for small LAN parties and so forth, but they seem to be getting some bad reviews as of late.

www.servelocity.co.uk
    Chris Imrie
    Freelance Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBlue - Chris
    Servelocity would most likely suit that, their VPS's start from £9.95/mo, nothing special.

I've ran some CSS servers on them before for small LAN parties and so forth, but they seem to be getting some bad reviews as of late.

www.servelocity.co.uk
    A VPS for £10/m ran a CSS server?

How many players and how was the experience for the gamers?

If you can possibly afford up to £20 would it not be worth off loading everything to a GSP? You most likley wouldn't be able to find any thing special but it may do the job better than a VPS unless you are able to increase your budget further.

The experience was alright actually, it was only an 8 slot CSS server, i tried 16 slot but it became a bit hectic when more than 10 users entered.

There were a few latency spikes along the way but the overall player experience was good.

I wouldn't exactly recommend them but i'm just pointing out that it is possible and the VPS is Instant Setup.
    Chris Imrie
    Freelance Consultant

Ok interesting stuff

Hi!

If I was you, I would consider this host:

http://www.dedibox.fr/

which is a very small dedicated server for 30 euros per month, done by the 2nd biggest internet access provider in France. Of course, this is twice your budget, and it's located in France, not in UK, but this is the only way to have a nice working CSS.

Thomas

P.S: Note that this kind of server as very little, if no support at all. It's all "do it yourself" stuff.
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel