Font help in html...

Hi all.

I have designed my html pages in MS Frontpage and used a unique font I found in one of those font places which I uploaded onto my computer for use.

However, I was at work today and tried to load the page but the font was completely different. Is there any way I can make this font visible to users using IE, Firefox and other web browsers?

Alternatively, is there a list of fonts that work on all web browsers as standard?

Thanks - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

When creating text for web pages, stick only with fonts that are most likely installed in most people's computers. Since most use Windows XP, the fonts that are most common are the ones pre-installed like arial, verdana, etc.

A typical CSS syntax would be:

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-family: Times New Roman, Times, serif;
    font-family: Courier New, Courier, mono;

You can always try to use a special font and hope that your site visitor has that font installed in their machine. Just make sure you have the generic font family at the end of the syntax.

font-family: MagistralC, sans-serif;

When I need to use a special font, I just embed the text in an image.

If you are using a font which is not popular or doesn't exist in the system of the visitor's browser, your text will be showed with the visitor's default font. To use a special font which is not popular, better make it as image or flash.

You can try sIFR.
    sIFR is meant to replace short passages of plain browser text with text rendered in your typeface of choice, regardless of whether or not your users have that font installed on their systems. It accomplishes this by using a combination of javascript, CSS, and Flash.
    Opera 9.5 and Firefox 3.0 in VECTORS!
    FRESH & HOT - Be the first to download and enjoy!
    Perfect quality in any zoom, any size and any scale!
    No more blurred, jagged, detail-less prints or presentations!