Layered Tech's - "After the Feast - Now Feast on This!" - Sales Event

Layered Tech's - " After The Feast – Now Feast on This!" - Sales Event!!

* NEW SERVER ORDERS ONLY *
    * LIMITED TIME QTY’s & SPECIALS *
    * Credit Cards and PayPal Accepted *
    * RESELLER DISCOUNTS DO APPLY Unless Otherwise Stated*
    * Expiration Date for all packages: 12/10/2006*

*** Windows 64 Bit OS Support Now Available ***

** ADDITIONAL PRE-PAYMENT DISCOUNTS CAN BE USED**

** 3 MONTHS = 5%**
    ** 6 MONTHS = 10%**
    ** 12 MONTHS = 20%**

AMD Barton 3000
    1024MB RAM
    160GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW
    IP Addresses: 8(5 usable)

$79/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #1

AMD XP 2400
    512MB RAM
    80GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW
    Cpanel/WHM/Fantastico Included

$89/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #2

AMD Sempron 2600
    1024MB RAM
    200GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW

$89/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #3

Intel P4 2.4Ghz
    1024MB RAM
    80GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW

$89/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #4

Intel P4 3.6Ghz
    1024MB RAM
    160GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW

$125/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #5

AMD Athlon Dual Core 4200
    1024MB RAM
    160GB Hard Drive
    1500GB BW

$129/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #6

Intel Xeon 2 x 2.8Ghz
    1024MB RAM
    2 x 160GB Hard Drive
    2000GB BW

$159/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #7

AMD Single CPU Dual Core Opteron 275
    2048MB RAM
    250GB Hard Drive
    2000GB BW

$175/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #8

2048MB RAM
    500GB Hard Drive
    2000GB BW

$259/Month | $19 Set Up
    After the Feast Special #9

** After the Feast Specials Good Through 12/10/2006**

------------------

Frequently Asked Pre-Sales Questions
    Q: HOW TO ORDER:
    Easy select the URL below your configuration choice and follow the link.
    A: Fill out the order form for the host you are interested. In the 'Comments' field include any Paypal or preferred payment details if you are not paying by credit card.
    Addtional Monthly Fees:
    Cpanel. DirectAdmin and Plesk 100 domain are available for $15 - 25.00 per month. Fantastico is included with all CPanel installs at no extra charge.
    Some other Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q: What is self-managed hosting?
    A: http://www.layeredtech.com/faqs_self.shtml

Q: Can I change the OS or other OS options on a "Rapid Deploy!" host.
    A: NO. All hosts are pre-loaded with a configuration that many users find to work great for all types of hosting platforms. ANY changes to the OS will change the order to a 'Custom Order' and have a 72 hour turn around time.

Q: Can you install a control panel on a rapid deploy host.
    A: Yes. Depending on the OS support for the control panel. This will delay the deployment time a few hours to allow for installation of the control panel software and licensing.

Q: Where are your Data Centers?
    A: We have 12,000 SQFT of cages at Savvis IDC in Fort Worth Texas with multiple gigabit uplinks to their international backbone.

Our second facility includes 21,000 SQFT of cages at Databank in downtown Dallas Texas with a blended, currently 5 carrier mix. (Level3, Savvis, Sprint, Time Warner, Broadwing). We provide all our own hardware, staff and support personnel. We simply sublet the space from the major datacenters and do everything else on our own.

Q: What is the average turn around on *custom orders* placed.
    A: 24-72 business hours depending on the configuration. We offer no guarantee on the setup time and try to always meet or beat the 24-72 hour timeline

Q: What is the average turn around on *Rapid Deploy!* placed.
    A: 1-6 business hours depending on the confirmation of payment details.

Q: Do you have a address we can 'PING' to test.
    A: Yes you can ping 'speedtest.layeredtech.com ' (Savvis DC)
    A: Yes you can ping 'speedtest.dlt2.layeredtech.com ' (Databank DC)

Q: Do you have a test file we can download.
    A: Yes please visit http://speedtest.layeredtech.com (Savvis DC)
    A: Yes please visit http://speedtest.dlt2.layeredtech.com (Databank DC)

Q: Which forms of payment do you accept.
    A: We currently accept all major credit cards and PayPal. Contact us for more details.

Other:

Do you allow IRC / IRCD or P2P applications on the network?

No please read our AUP / TOS for more details. All IRC is strictly forbidden on our network. Any host found running either a IRC client or server will face suspension of services and possible cancellation of service. Please do not run IRC on any of the Layered Technologies networks.

We hope that you enjoy!!!

Thumbs up for LT.

Here's the uptime statistics for my LT d.server.

Distro Name CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
    Uptime 145 days 16 hours 51 minutes

One question:

2048MB RAM
    250GB Hard Drive
    2000GB BW

$175/Month | $19 Set Up

With that server, is the hd sata or ide?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TieuDieuTu
    One question:

2048MB RAM
    250GB Hard Drive
    2000GB BW

$175/Month | $19 Set Up

With that server, is the hd sata or ide?

Thanks.
    That host comes with SATA drives.

Thanks,

Jeremy

My LT server (freebsd 5.4):
    6:19AM up 336 days, 15:05, 4 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

(and for the record a SATA is an IDE drive; the question above, I believe, should have been stated SATA or PATA (serial or parallel) drives or maybe SATA or SCSI)

24-72 business hours depending on the configuration. We offer no guarantee on the setup time and try to always meet or beat the 24-72 hour timeline

Nearly convinced me to buy until I saw that ^^

If you cant guarantee setup in 72 hours something is not right!

Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl
    Nearly convinced me to buy until I saw that ^^

If you cant guarantee setup in 72 hours something is not right!
    Something is not right?

You must be kidding me, that has nothing to do with the quality service they provide

Maybe not, just trying to entice them into conversation, emailed them twice in the last two days and no answer.

Please contact our sales team directly at 'sales@ layeredtech.com' we have sales staff working 24/7 and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have. The 24-72 hour window is correct as some of the hosts we build are highly customized and may take time to procure the equipment, load it and run QA checks on it before deployment.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Frisco, Texas—December 1, 2006—Layered Technologies, a premier provider of dedicated servers, grids and on-demand utility computing solutions for the Enterprise and the SMB marketplaces, requests help from all good girls and good boys for Santa this season.

As many of you already know, Jack Frost is pursuing a hostile takeover of Santa’s Village now through Christmas. Therefore, Layered Technologies volunteered to collect for Santa your dedicated server wish lists as well as your secret counter-attack plan to help trounce Jack Frost. For 12 Days beginning December 11th, Santa will review these server wish lists in advance of Christmas to grant early gifts. Plus, Santa will personally select each day the best Jack Frost counter-invasion plan and grant an extra early gift.

If you do not want to feel left out or forgotten, and you know you have been good, then send in your Santa server wish list to [email protected] . Some of these wishes will be granted on Layered Technologies’ forum “Announcements” section at www.layeredtech.com. Come nibble on the “12 Days of Christmas” offers beginning December 11th.

About Layered Technologies, Inc.
    Layered Technologies, Inc. is a leading hosting provider of self-managed, dedicated server platforms and services over a superior low latency network. With clients in over 120 countries, Layered Technologies' custom solutions allow customers of all sizes to rapidly deploy on-demand hosting and utility computing services providing all the controls of collocation without the start up costs, the commitments, and the challenges. For more information about Layered Technologies, visit www.layeredtech.com . Press Contact: Chris Murphy, Layered Technologies, Inc. 469-252-3003.

# # #

Layered Technologies, the Layered Technologies logo, are the trademarks, or registered trademarks, of Layered Technologies, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other marks belong to their respective owners

More details and discussion here: http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showth...6715#post26715

Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN
    Please contact our sales team directly at 'sales@ layeredtech.com' we have sales staff working 24/7 and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have. The 24-72 hour window is correct as some of the hosts we build are highly customized and may take time to procure the equipment, load it and run QA checks on it before deployment.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Email sent
    █• CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex
    Email sent

I hope you removed the blank space I had in the email address . I do not see any emails from you yet in the sales queue and I know its accepting emails fine as I tested it from Yahoo.com to be sure.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by LTADMIN

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Jeremy, I eventually got a response but not to the question I asked. All I am trying to do is decide if I should go with a reseller of your equipment or buy directly.

The question is simple:

What would happen if I paid my reseller for a month but they did not pay you? Would you just simply switch the server off or would you at least honour the service for long enough to allow me to move somewhere else or even deal directly with you?

We have to look at it in this manner. From our end we (LT) or any other host, who provides service to resellers does not know who the reseller's clients are or what they are providing to them.

Our agreement is to provide product and service to the direct client - in the case of your question - a reseller, that is as far as we can see in the transaction.

We have to approach each issue on a case by case basis, but I think you will find us (LT) to be fairly flexible and reasonable if something like this occurs. We try to have resellers that run their business honestly and maintain a good business.

If this was to occur you should first try to deal directly with the reseller or group you took service with and then if that was to fail you could come speak with us and we would try and help with your issue.

Regards,

if we are not a reseller, can we still avail of the discount? how much is the discount if we are to become your reseller?
    SOLID HOSTING
    Philippine Web Hosting Company
    Domain Registration | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Cloud | Dedicated Server | Colocation | Microsoft SPLA