Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am sooooo Annoyed!

Ok, I just setup http://worstrefuge.com

Please read up on it. This is my last resort, I dont know what else to do.

By the way, this isnt a long term site (I hope), so I need some really simple program where people can post and view comments so authorities know that the people know they arent doing anything about it.
    Last edited by Webdude; 11-23-2006 at 09:58 PM.

I don't get it, how is she related to you?

Also, I read your site but there's just a ton of babbling and fact-less accusations. You've been here long enough to know that one-side stories here are meaningless at WHT.

I'm not saying you're wrong--I just don't get what this has to do with you. Can you give me/us some background information?
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Sounds pretty bad.. but with all those happening.. where's the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Nich

Also, I read your site but there's just a ton of babbling and fact-less accusations. You've been here long enough to know that one-side stories here are meaningless at WHT.

I'm not saying you're wrong--I just don't get what this has to do with you. Can you give me/us some background information?
    Thats not my job to provide facts, it is however, my responsbility to take action if the authorities do nothing while so many animals and a kid suffer like that. Your response is exactly why so many people simply "let it happen and mind their own business".

BTW - she is someone in my neighborhood. Some other people are going to get pictures for me. I hope some of some abuse can be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich

That attitude right there is why there is so many things wrong with the world. You believe that because it does not have to do with you that nothing should be done or said.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    That attitude right there is why there is so many things wrong with the world. You believe that because it does not have to do with you that nothing should be done or said.
    Do you honestly not see any possible negative effects of that site?

Let's say the daughter is being neglected and let's assume that some peodophile stumbles across that site, thinks the girl is obviously unlikely to be missed for some time so snatches her from outside her house after finding the address printed pretty clearly on this site.

There are many ways to tackle this type of issue but posting the address and details on the Internet? That's not the way you go about it if you really do want to help the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by adam

Well, the relationship thing is irrelevant but he's got a very good point.

Without a single shred of proof who's going to buy into this? ANYONE could make up a story. There's nothing to factually based other than a guy bitching on a webpage. No pictures, no accountability, nothing.

I'm all for a movement to remove animals from an unsafe environment, and children being taken into protective custody but 'hey this guy said' isn't real credible, regardless of the accusation.

nobody is going to do much on a single webpage where some guy goes off bitching and bitching. It looks more like a disgruntled resident that has a bone to pick with someone. Without proof of the accusations that's as far as it'll go.

With more credible information I'd be inclined to follow it, but as it sits there's nothing.

It's also a very bad decision to post an address like that. I'm betting it's a slanderous move.
    Last edited by fastnoc; 11-23-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    Without a single shred of proof who's going to buy into this? ANYONE could make up a story. There's nothing to factually based other than a guy bitching on a webpage. No pictures, no accountability, nothing.
    Ok, I'm not trying to get people to do anything more than act as extra voices as more reports to get authorities to do something. Sad thing is when you call the authorities and you get a response like what I quoted from you above.

But thats fine. If people continue being this way, I will take the site down and let the abuse continue as there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do about it. Just because it's only my voice doesnt make it untrue.

What do you want me to do? Catch her in the act of doing something and ask her to hold the pose while I take a pic? Jesus man.. I live around the corner. I cant sit out in front of her house taking snapshots. I cant go back in time and take snapshots of things I've seen. I cant just walk up in her house with a camera. WTF am I supposed to do?? I'm doing what I can, I'm letting people know what I know.....

And I think most here know I'm not just going to come in here doing this if it wasnt true.

....but the child predator thing... yeah, I will take down the address and put a "contact for info" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    Ok, I'm not trying to get people to do anything more than act as extra voices as more reports to get authorities to do something. Sad thing is when you call the authorities and you get a response like what I quoted from you above.
    If that's what the authorities are telling you, why do you expect they will listen someone who calls based on the website?

"I'd like to report a case of child neglect, I don't actually have any specific evidence, I just saw it mentioned on a website so it must be true"

The fact is that posting this on the Internet is not the way to go about it, contact your local press, do whatever you want but keep it where something is likely to be done about it and that is your local area.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiHost-Wullie
    The fact is that posting this on the Internet is not the way to go about it, contact your local press, do whatever you want but keep it where something is likely to be done about it and that is your local area.
    That is actually what I am hoping people will do. Even the media doesnt seem to take notice unless multiple people are reporting an issue. Even if I could actually get a local news company to go out there, that would stir up some attention.

Maybe you should upload the letters you wrote to the agencies that are doing nothing… the certified mailings should be posted as well. Seeing as agencies do not work on the drop of a dime, hopefully you have allowed enough time for them to investigate.

Outside of that, there are a lot of small and large accusations you posted about this person. The flipside to your site is a lawyer taking this on pro-bono, representing this woman, and suing you….

Yes, something should be done (if all is true), but I’m not sure if this is the right vehicle.

Good luck.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    Maybe you should upload the letters you wrote to the agencies that are doing nothing… the certified mailings should be posted as well. Seeing as agencies do not work on the drop of a dime, hopefully you have allowed enough time for them to investigate.

Outside of that, there are a lot of small and large accusations you posted about this person. The flipside to your site is a lawyer taking this on pro-bono, representing this woman, and suing you….

Yes, something should be done (if all is true), but I’m not sure if this is the right vehicle.

Good luck.
    I dont have those. I physically went to them and reported, maybe others have those since I am certainly only one several who have tried reporting this. However..... while I wasnt part of it, there was some sort of supposed lawsuit a while back about all her dead animals causing problems. She cleaned up for a little bit, but went back to her ways. There was also a case where CPS came out one time, and the mother wouldnt let the CPS lady come in, stating she was too big and would fall thru her floors. Then she signed temporary custody of her daughter to someone else till it all blew over. She seems to have all these little loopholes around things if an agency actually does try to take action.

But dont worry, we'll get some pictures. Unfortunately, I think if they are anything short of the woman putting a bullet in the kids brain, pictures wont mean much. Then I will just get lashback like "thats it?? I see a woman with a 2x4 in her hands, but dont see her hitting the kid" and that sort of junk. I'm starting to see why so many abused kids stay abused. Everyone wants the person doing the reporting to get proof rather than the authorities who are "supposed" to do that and then do something about the abuse.

It's not that I think you're lying. I don't at all. I just think that there needs to be some merit. I'm sure you can see why.

it's not saying anything bad on you at all.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Our world is set up to be abused..... it's going to happen whether you try to stop it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    Our world is set up to be abused..... it's going to happen whether you try to stop it or not.
    I don’t believe that.

Anyone that has worked in the legal system knows there is a right and wrong way of doing things. I would personally go down to each agency I thought was responsible for this ladies actions, and report her. In addition, I would follow up with a certified letter. Reporting suspicious activities to the authorities and plastering accusations on a website are two different things entirely.

One thing to consider, what we might categorize as abuse might not be abuse in the court of law. Plus, there is another side to this story that we don’t know.

IMO, putting the name and address of someone on the internet with such accusations is not the correct way to handle these matters. We are looking at things from child abuse to drug dealing. What if these accusations are found to be false, after review by the proper authorities? What if she is already under investigation by the authorities?

Personally, I do not like the “rumor mill” generated in some communities. I’ve been caught up in that since I do not have a “real” job, had out of state cars (license plates) in and out of my house, had my house windows blacked out, and did speak to my neighbors. OK, so I work on the internet (I do file taxes); have many relatives and friends from out of state; my windows were drafty, I don’t like sunlight (I’m strange), and I had over $30,000 of computer stuff; and I’m anti-social… I’m not a drug dealer. Things are not always as they appear.

What if one of my neighbors put my info on the internet… no telling what lunatics would have shown up on my doorstep.

I hope the internet does not come down to this… an extension of the rumor mill that is to be taken as fact.

And I’m not saying all the information on the site is false. I’m saying there is a proper way to report these types of activities.

Ok, let's be a little clearer. Every time she wanted to come play video games with my kids, my wife made her take a shower because her body smelled like mange and her hair had dog feces in it from it being on her bed. Her mother's pipes are all broke from dogs chewing on them, so her water has to stay off. She comes over to eat all the time because her mother thinks there's nothing wrong with eating stuff that has mold on it, you simply remove the moldy part.

Ok, these are not rumours I hear, these are first hand accounts. I have known this little girl since she was 3. I once sold her mother a car, and she left a dead dog in it for a month. It bloated so much that it's stomach popped open and was all over the inside.

I have seen her tie dogs to her porch and leave for several hours, only to find the dog jumped off the porch and hung itself. I have to fight fleas and bugs that come from her property. The mangy dogs get out and run the neighborhood sometimes going after other kids.

I have had to call the law several times on her horses in my yard fearing they would get out in traffic and get hit.

I have seen her mother eat fast food several times a day while not feeding her daughter. She sends her to other people's houses to eat.

And what makes it worse? I get similar stories from others around the neighborhood. I have seen the mother make this girl lug around 50lb bags of dog food while yelling at her that she can do nothing right and a bunch of name calling.

I have never seen her fist hit her (though evidently others have), but I have seen her repeatedly slapped over small stupid stuff. This seems to be getting worse as of late, hence the site. I'm two houses down and I can always here her screaming and cussing at the girl. The woman doesnt take care of any of the animals, she makes her daughter do it all.

The woman gets all these prescriptions and makes her daughter do the running to all her clients for her. Some people close to her told me they estimate she profits close to $3,000 per month from it.

There is tons more, first hand knowledge by me and others. I'm frustrated that nothing I have done has accomplished anything. Nothing others have done has accomplished anything. It shouldnt be this hard to protect that kid, yet if I simply go take her and take her to the police.... oh I'm pretty sure that would count as kidnapping, and something would definitely be done to me, but nothing to help the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude
    Ok, let's be a little clearer. Every time she wanted to come play video games with my kids, my wife made her take a shower because her body smelled like mange and her hair had dog feces in it from it being on her bed. Her mother's pipes are all broke from dogs chewing on them, so her water has to stay off. She comes over to eat all the time because her mother thinks there's nothing wrong with eating stuff that has mold on it, you simply remove the moldy part.

Ok, these are not rumours I hear, these are first hand accounts. I have known this little girl since she was 3. I once sold her mother a car, and she left a dead dog in it for a month. It bloated so much that it's stomach popped open and was all over the inside.

I have seen her tie dogs to her porch and leave for several hours, only to find the dog jumped off the porch and hung itself. I have to fight fleas and bugs that come from her property. The mangy dogs get out and run the neighborhood sometimes going after other kids.

I have had to call the law several times on her horses in my yard fearing they would get out in traffic and get hit.

I have seen her mother eat fast food several times a day while not feeding her daughter. She sends her to other people's houses to eat.

And what makes it worse? I get similar stories from others around the neighborhood. I have seen the mother make this girl lug around 50lb bags of dog food while yelling at her that she can do nothing right and a bunch of name calling.

I have never seen her fist hit her (though evidently others have), but I have seen her repeatedly slapped over small stupid stuff. This seems to be getting worse as of late, hence the site. I'm two houses down and I can always here her screaming and cussing at the girl. The woman doesnt take care of any of the animals, she makes her daughter do it all.

The woman gets all these prescriptions and makes her daughter do the running to all her clients for her. Some people close to her told me they estimate she profits close to $3,000 per month from it.

I'm frustrated that nothing I have done has accomplished anything. Nothing others have done has accomplished anything. It shouldnt be this hard to protect that kid, yet if I simply go take her and take her to the police.... oh I'm pretty sure that would count as kidnapping, and something would definitely be done to me, but nothing to help the girl.
    I don't know how many years... but you can pick the worse stories from any family and they not look good. lol... I remember the lady up the street saying my mom must not take care of me when I went over her house after playing in the chicken house. I must have been 7 or 8, maybe.... I was nasty, but at the time we were playing....

Far as the girl feeding the animals... cool... I started at 9 or 10. I hated that job. Pigs, dogs, chickens.... I really hated my parents at the time.

Drugs... you are on a slippery grounds...

Far as things not being done: what have you done? How have you reported this information? Making a couple of phone calls is not enough... I think you should visit a couple of government protective children sites in your state/city/county and get some numbers. Call them... find out the proper way to handle this matter. Visit the office in person. Send certified letters (that has always worked for me in the past). Government agencies do not like certified letters.

I see shows all the time where someone reports possible animal abuse to the humane society and they go investigate it.

I did not read through the full site (sorry, dont get into reading rants too much), but have you tried making a complaint with the humane society?

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    I see shows all the time where someone reports possible animal abuse to the humane society and they go investigate it.

I did not read through the full site (sorry, dont get into reading rants too much), but have you tried making a complaint with the humane society?
    Well maybe if you are going to reply to a topic you should read the whole post then.

Webdude I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you can get one issue handled it will bring the others to light.

I read through the HSMC (Conroe Humane Society) site. I did not see mentioned that they are part of cruelty investigations. You may do better reporting to a larger county or national group. Houston does Humane Society and SPCA do list cruelty investigations.

http://www.cap4pets.org/CrueltyLaws.html

http://www.spcahouston.org/SPCAHoust...nID=1875623918

http://www.houstonhumane.org/raider.aspx

Many times local pounds are poorly staffed and not qualified. Most city pounds in my area barely pay above minimum wage.

Medicaid is large and can be poorly organized so I cannot think of help for that issue.

The school distrcit should be more helpful. But home schooling is very common now. In my district you do not have to report or test home students.

Protective Services is over worked and can be hard to get involved. You would need good documentation. If possible from multiple sources. I only see one DFPS llocation in Conroe which handles quite a load. Have you contacted CPS in Houston?

Why not contact the press? If there is a valid need concern they might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Fact
    Webdude I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you can get one issue handled it will bring the others to light.

I read through the HSMC (Conroe Humane Society) site. I did not see mentioned that they are part of cruelty investigations. You may do better reporting to a larger county or national group. Houston does Humane Society and SPCA do list cruelty investigations.

http://www.cap4pets.org/CrueltyLaws.html

http://www.spcahouston.org/SPCAHoust...nID=1875623918

http://www.houstonhumane.org/raider.aspx

Many times local pounds are poorly staffed and not qualified. Most city pounds in my area barely pay above minimum wage.

Medicaid is large and can be poorly organized so I cannot think of help for that issue.

The school distrcit should be more helpful. But home schooling is very common now. In my district you do not have to report or test home students.

Protective Services is over worked and can be hard to get involved. You would need good documentation. If possible from multiple sources. I only see one DFPS llocation in Conroe which handles quite a load. Have you contacted CPS in Houston?

Why not contact the press? If there is a valid need concern they might be able to help.
    Good thoughts. Thanks. I have never contacted Houston Humane Society, but I have previously contacted the Houston SPCA. They were some ones that told me my area was not within their jurisdiction, that they couldnt help. I will see what Houston Humane Society says.

Webdude,

This may or may not help. It probably won't be a pleasent event to do, but here's what I might likely try to do... but i'll preface with a little story of when I helped someone else with their parents.

A friend of mine's dad... one day went WAY over the line. He had bruises on his face and such from it all, so I snaped polaroids of it, and when we went into school (why does that look like it's spelled wrong?! LOL) I took them to a councelor. The councelor called my friend in, and then they called CPS. That night, my friend came home with me, and actually stayed there for a day or two (obviously under his own will) until CPS came to talk with his parents, at which point he went back, and , fortunately, everything was fine.

The only suggestion I can really give you, is get CPS on the line next time the girl comes over, and try like mad to get them out there before she leaves/cleans up. Failing that, and if she agrees, take a polaroid of it for documentation for CPS. One should hope that if you can actually prove that it's a cronic issue and not a time-to-time thing, they would be forced to do something.

It's really sad how some things are let go on by the authorities, but then, they also do have to be sure they're not blowing a minor incident way out of proportion. Try and work with them, be persistant, and one should hope that what is right will win out in the end.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs