Server Company Reviews

I haven't posted a review in a while, so I figure I'll make this my update thread.

These are the two companies that we're holding servers at. I'll try to add reviews of companies that I've been with since my last posting, but I try not to do backdated reviews because things may change.

I hope this helps some curious soul figure out where to put his or her website

Interserver

They've been rock solid since day one, and we've been @ Interserver at Seacacus for almost a year now, and very happy. We've had 3 servers with Interserver so far.

Network
    Interserver's network is good. I'm going to hesitate from saying excellent because there has been spots of downtime here and there, but nothing out of control. No full outages so far.

Support
    One word - XTOweb. We've gotten our Interserver servers through XTOweb and Scott Cameron is one of the most pleasant people you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. He couldn't be more accommodating and everything else has been great. Defiantly an A+ for support through XTOweb, and I've never had to deal with IS directly so I can't comment on that.

Price
    I can't discuss our pricing structure for obvious reasons, but its GOOD. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a server priced as low as what we're paying advertised to the public, and I'm overjoyed with that. A+ again for the XTO/Interserver combination.

Speed
    Speed is good. It could be better, but again - I'm not complaining.

LayeredTech

We just picked up a sever at LayeredTech, and so far everything has been splendid. The verification call came very quickly from a polite, friendly woman who took care of the verification in about 20 seconds. Signup was painless, support has been excellent, deployment was fast.

Network
    LayeredTech's network is phenomenal, in my opinion. Everything is fast, this is our first server at LT so I can't comment on downtime but it seems great right now.

Support
    Fantastic. Just plain fantastic.

Price
    Price is great - their server specials are very competitively priced.

Speed
    Speed is great - everything is snappy, sites load quickly. I'm very satisfied.

Bump for a generally lower opinion of layeredtech, but they're still good in my mind.

Interserver couldn't be more rock solid, but they're certainly not flashy. We now have 5 servers at Interserver.

I'm glad to hear your great experience with these companies. Hopefully, everything keeps going like that. Good luck to you!
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Few little changes.

We have two servers with XTOweb / Interserver now. They're good, I guess. Reboot pager basically doesn't work - they got the pager beep and didn't do anything. Scott is still astonishingly friendly.

edit - just kidding, we have three at interserver. Two with xto and one directly.

Two servers with layeredtech. Everything is great. I wish they had phone support, but none of the other hosts do either, so whatever.

One server with server4sale (in layeredtech datacenter, I guess, so I suppose we have three at layeredtech). Had some problems, but the price is right and everyone there is friendly. Reboot times suck.

Also, I guess I could throw this in - we've had a nice time with Jonessolutions on two of our servers. They're smart guys and get the job done for the right price. We also use platinumservermanagement and I'd say they're at about the same level.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. It's a great luck to find good hasting providing quality service.

Softlayer

I switched from another provider to Softlayer and have been thrilled since. I have the total control I need, nothing breaks, and I can sleep at night. Which is not easy to do running a GameServer company.

Thanks Softlayer

Thanks for the kind words Taylor!

It's Scott!