How to fix button issue in firefox browser and opera?

I just stopped using IE and am trying to use either firefox or opera but both firefox and opera have a problem I want to fix and whichever browser can be fixed is the one I want to use.

I took a screenshot of firefox problem. You know the forward and backward arrows in the browser?... well whenever I click on the forward or backward arrows sometimes I constantly accidentally click on that tiny arrow (next to the forward/back arrows) that is pointing down and instead of going back to the previous page that drop down box shows up instead and it's very annoying! You have to click way off to the side to avoid accidentally clicking the tiny downward pointing arrow. Isn't there some way that I can add my own custom forward and backward buttons to firefox WITHOUT that annoying downward arrow? i NEVER use that.. IE doesn't have it... I didn't need it. I can't get rid of that iditoc TINY arrow pointing downwards? You know that tiny arrow next to each forward/back arrow?

And with opera... I'm using tabbed browsing but I like the address bar to be on top like in firefox and have the tabbed buttons show up UNDERNEATH the address bar. In opera you can't specify this in the layout when customizing. I want the tabbed buttons to show up UNDERNEATH the address bar in opera just like it does in firefox.

Anybody know if the above problem in firefox can be fixed or if I can fix the opera issue?

I'm picky and wish it would be more customizable!
    Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Silly me, IE does have those tiny downward pointing arrows next to the forward and backward buttons... can't I get rid of that in firefox? opera doesn't have it... i don't like it and never use it. I always accidentally click on it and it's irritating.

Use the backspace button or the 4th and 5th buttons on your mouse, if you have them. Much quicker.

Yeah but then I have to right click first and then scroll all the way up to the top to click the back link. It's more convenient to simply quickly click on the back button in the browser and much faster IMO

Do you have buttons on the side of your mouse? Those are what I was referring to.

I see. No, I only have a left and right button and then that small scrolling type button in the middle which I have no diea how I lived without before! I mean when I had that old wheel mouse long ago =)