Thread: Outgoing Link

tail -f /var/log/nerd

Cool Outgoing Link

Is it good to have outgoing links on your site? Like for example would it be beneficial for us to have a links page with links to places like Web Hosting Talk and other like sites?

I am referring to SEO rankings and whatnot. Just trying to find out if it is worth our time to build out these pages, find the links etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

Mega Hosters Inc. - The Last Host You Will Ever Need!
    Hsphere Control Panel, 24/7 Phone Support, EasyApp, Shared SSL, Daily Backups, Dedicated IPs, PHP4 & PHP5, FFMPEG, Legal Adult Content Allowed + More!
    Treating A Customer The Way They Should Be Treated For Over 5.5 Years Now!

Richmond, VA
    It can definitely be a good thing. It's best that they are not reciprocal links, though --- these tend to be disregarded (and, oftentimes, you actually lose a higher ranking because of them) by the SEs. But a one-way directory can work to help increase your rankings.
    Daniel B., CEO - and
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at]

I heard that outgoing links are evalutaed by where they are pointing to. Others said that they are not evaluated at all..... But all I can tell you is having too many link pointing out loose quality (comparing it to how much content you have)
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet