Looking for an apartment in NYC

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone here.....that lives in NYC....knows of a nice 2 bedroom apartment for ~$1000 a month..

Everyone I look at is like $2 or 3k a month which is NUTS (I think anyways)

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

Hi,

If you're talking about a 2 bedroom apartment for $1000/mo. in Manhattan then you're probably going to have some trouble finding a good one for that price range. Though if you move to another borough in NYC then $1000/mo for 2 bedroom is very reasonable. You can also look on http://newyork.craigslist.org/

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I was just looking at Craigs List

Short of lucking out and finding a rent-controlled place to sub-let I doubt you'll find a 2 bedroom for that price. Even the old "cold-water railroad flats" in Queens where I used to live are going for 1500-1800 a month now a days.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Grrr Carp. Did you have to create this thread? I have been looking at flash apartments and looking through Craigslist for the last hour, pretending that one day I'll actually have the balls to move in to NYC from the other side of the Atlantic. You just made that dream of mine come back out of its shell!

Is there anywhere specific you need in NYC (e.g.: Manattan?) or anywhere?

In Manhattan you might want to start with upper harlem (rent can be pretty cheap there ~ 700).

You can also get for the above price in places all around brooklyn,queens and the bronx (30-60 mins from manhattan).

Again, this you would have to search for in person, those who post their apartments online most cases are expensive.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I might take a trip down on the train tomorrow and see what I can find...

I live in Hoboken and work in Manhattan. I live right on the water and we pay almost $3000 a month (brand new building with a clubhouse, pool, doorman/services... so it is crazy expensive). However, if you get back further from the water, they are cheaper. I commute by ferry boat. $6 each way, but I am there in 7 minutes. Then free bus to 6th and 50th for work.

You could also look in Edgewater, Weehawken, Port Imperial. All pretty easy to get in to Manhattan. On the lower end, there is also Jersey City. We looked there when moving up, but just could not fathom living there. Hoboken has everything and more.

Just some ideas.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

http://nycdwellers.com/

ive used that site a few times.

its rare to get a nice 2 br in any metro area for that price unfortunately.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!