* Just Wondering...

Was that whole "PayPal ripping people off" thing true?

Probably not, probably just misuderstandings.

I agree, probably misunderstandings.

So I guess http://www.paypalsucks.com and there 387 thread topics about being ripped off alone mean nothing?...

Yeah.. I understand that PayPal does probably 400x those number of transactions a day.... But, this isn't one person complaining....

Remember... You might make 10 customers mad... But, only 1 might talk about it... So if there are 387 threads there?... How many other threads (heck, aside from the ones here) on other sites?

I would rather use a credit card. I'm insured by my issuer and have a known security.

PayPal is a little too "loosey, goosey" for my tastes.

Every time I have used PayPal it has been a pleasant one. No problems.
    Sam Weber

Thanks for the replies!

I've used Paypal a few times for sending money, as a buyer, with no problems. I've also received one payment with no problems. I've never withdrawn just spent the money elsewhere. My use would be consider low, but no problems nontheless.

There is a lot of complaints about them I see, so I wouldn't recommend using them as a payment service for all your business transactions. Try revecom.com or get a real merchant account, for the few that insist on using paypal then accept it, but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I've sent and received hundreds of dollars of money through PayPal, have a monthly subscription to an online game through it, and have withdrawn money multiple times. I have had no problems. Maybe they like me.

Please keep in mind that unhappy customers speak much louder than happy customer in this instance. I wonder how many millions of happy customers paypal has had, then look at the few hundred that have had problems. Not bad in my opinion.
    MagnaSavings.com - Tech Bargains & Deals
    Check with us before you buy anything with a power cord!

Originally posted by BrianF
    Please keep in mind that unhappy customers speak much louder than happy customer in this instance. I wonder how many millions of happy customers paypal has had, then look at the few hundred that have had problems. Not bad in my opinion.
    Exactly.