Hybrid View

Coppermine Gallery Permissions

I'm trying to decide whether Coppermine will work for a project I've recently been asked to quote on.

So far it is looking good, but I haven't been able to find any information regarding allowing specific users or specific groups access to specific galleries.

I would like to allow a select few users have access to one specifc gallery or album.

I realise I can allow all registered users access to one gallery, and not allow guests, but I need to allow give access to a selection of the registered users.

Is this possible with Coppermine?

Hi Jamie,

This is indeed possible. I had it in place for a site I used to run (picmeister.com, now defunct), but do not ask me how I implemented it - I cannot remember. If I recall correctly, I had to go in and change some of the coding, though. As I said, I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I know it was setup like that, as our premium accounts were able to have private albums.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Check out Gallery, much nicer and excellent documentation.
    http://gallery.menalto.com/

Thanks Dan.

I was speaking with the_pm yesterday, and he believes this can easily be done using group permissions. That would make sense because in the group configuration page, there is an "Assign Albums" link for each group. This seems to suggest I can assign the albums that the group can see. However, when I click that link all I see is the text "This group has no special access". Very strange.

If you have any ideas why this is appearing I would appreciate a little guidance, and if you can confirm clicking the "Assign Albums" link is the right way to go to do what I need to do, I would appreciate a little nod of the head.

Thanks!

That sounds familiar, now that you mention it. Do you have any albums setup yet? That might be why it's giving you that message.

so which is best "gallery" or "coppermine"?

I have been having lots of poroblems with coppermine, I can not delte some files, nor some albums and I see no reason for that, then it doesn't recognize a batch of files ftp uploaded, whilst I can see them at the filemanager at cpanel, coppermine acts as if they wouldn't exist, IT MAKES ME LOOSE TONS OF TIME.

doesn't this happen with "GALLERY" ????

In my opinion, Coppermine is better. It sounds like you may have trouble with your installation, or it could be your host that's the problem. Coppermine never acted like that on me, for as long as I used it.