Dreamweaver 8 and CSS

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Dreamweaver 8 to make use of the "Advanced CSS features" but have found that when I open a CSS site in Dreamweaver it looks terrible, with bits all over the place, whilst it looks fine in a browser. Do I need to do anything or install anything else to get Dreamweaver 8 to actually show WYSIWYG for CSS sites ?

I find dreamweaver 8 shows css the same as it appears in firefox, with sometimes a few minor differences to ie. With nothing extra installed

Post your code here so we can have a look for you.

I'm with Steve. I've had some tags completely destroy the preview in DW while being exactly as expected in FF, Moz and IE. Mainly it seems to have trouble with nested divs, though other things just don't work properly either. I've tried it with hand written CSS, DWs version as well as TopStyle produced CSS.
    Certainly better than previous versions of DW, but still flawed, IMO.

deastwood do you have an example of css in DW? It would be nice to us DW for css work but I end up using WeBuilder.

"Webuilder"...good app there. I own that one too.

What "Advanced CSS" features are you referring to? I have Dreamweaver MX and hated how it did CSS... style5, style17, style19, etc just didn't do it for me..

► Does your website need the NURV touch?
    ► Professional logo animation services.

i only show the css in dreamweaver, i code it in topstyle,

was thinking the only time i run into problems is with nested divs, i normally put in a simple clearing div to fix it

Hi,

thanks for the replies, the site I am having the display issues with in dreamweaver 8 is www.lilledisain.com/nico/ with the css at http://www.lilledisain.com/nico/style.css

I am quite a newbie to css and am finding it quite confusing at times

wow it does show up completely messed! i will have a look a bit later for you

sorry have not had the slightest chance yet, rushed off my feet

No problem, it's usually better to be busy that not to be. I just spent 2 days rebuilding my PC after a CPU / Motherboard failure