Views On Hostgator

is hostgators ressler service worth the money or what?

any negatives about it

thank you for any help

Negative? Not that I know of. Make a search for reviews/feedbacks. It will help
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Yes, do a search on here, you'll find plenty of reviews on HostGator. Mostly good too.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

I used their reseller plan sometime earlier this year, late last year, and had a pleasurable stay. I was hosting three different websites at the time and their reseller made it more than easy to accomplish.

I host with HG for more than 2 years - no problems, very very good uptime, excellent support.

I have just purchased a reseller account with hostgator and i have still not been able to set anything up.
    They support is very rude.
    I use private nameservers NS9.mydomain.com and NS10.mydomain.com. For some reason(and one of the reason why i left them) my previous host had told me that i will have to use ns9 and ns10 instead of the default ns1 and ns2 as my name servers.
    I am not a technical expert.
    before singing up with hostgator i asked the sales if this would be any problem. I asked them clearly if the support will help me and they said yes.
    I speak to a support staff after signing up and he tells me to just change the ips of my existing ns9 and ns10 nameservers in my domain host summary and everything should work fine.( it did not)
    When i open a ticket With a detailed explanation of my problem. The first reply i get is that my "dns setting are not PROPER and i have change them".
    Like i did not know that. I know that and i contacted support so that they could tell me what is wrong and/or do it the neccesarry changes.
    The support again replies very rudely saying that it is my responsibility to check the setting or create it.
    I am still in communication with them.
    How hard it is too tell me what is wrong the first time. I am websdesigner who is going in for reseller hosting so that i can give control panel access to customer that demand it.
    The reason why I am stuck up with NS9 and NS10 is because one of my clients domain is registered with a registrar that requires them to send a written request on the company's letter head for any changes to be done to the nameserver. So i want to avoid that and i dont want my client to knwo I am changing hosts.
    These guys are so costly the cheaper hosts only had downtime problems but they would respond properly to a ticket.
    Hostgator expects all reseller customer to be and expert in dns settings. I was wondering if by mistake did is sign Up for "unmanaged" VPS account.
    Worst part is that they dont mention it anywhere but they do not allow overselling. I dont know why. I want to take 5 gb account and create 10 1gb accounts because i know that my users will never use more than a hundred mb each. But they just want me to give them 1 gb as everyone around is now giving 1gb. I don not see what difference it will make on their server. IF there are going to be 10 1gb accounts(that do not use up all the space) or 10 500mb accounts (that could use up all the space). The client will not be able to upload anything and i will be in soup. I will be answerable.
    I am still suffering from downtime. I was with integrahost that just dissappeared.
    I should have gone for site5.com i chose this for a few dollars less. My mistake.
    I am waiting for their reply and if they dont solve this problem I am going to post about them in all hosting forums. I have the chat transcripts and have saved their replies.

Quote Originally Posted by qwan
    I speak to a support staff after signing up and he tells me to just change the ips of my existing ns9 and ns10 nameservers in my domain host summary and everything should work fine.( it did not)
    The reason why I am stuck up with NS9 and NS10 is because one of my clients domain is registered with a registrar that requires them to send a written request on the company's letter head for any changes to be done to the nameserver.
    Sorry to hear that. But have you checked and confirmed with the whois (or some reversed IP lookup) that your nameservers have indeed been changed at the registry level, even though you may have done so in the registrar's interface?

By the way, I'm also very curious as to which stupid registrar would ask for written request just to change the nameservers. Thanks.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

qwan, nameservers can take up to 72 hours to propagate - i think this is your issue...

I should have gone for site5.com i chose this for a few dollars less. My mistake.
    I think that you were going to regret from that decision too.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Have you done any research on site5? They have nothing bad negative feedback.

Hostgator expects all reseller customer to be and expert in dns settings.
    Maybe you should request that they setup your name servers for you if you are having too much trouble, I doubt they will say no.

Quote Originally Posted by nickn
    Gwan,

Can you provide a ticket number regarding this incident so myself or Brent can look into your specific situation?

Thank you!
    Nick I fortunately got BRianN on the live chat and he identified the problem immideatly. Thanks to him I am starting to believe the good review about hostgator(especially lorisa's)
    Your system admin Richard F. just gave me attitude.
    He just replied by saying my dns is not "proper".
    I had never touched the dns and somehow the dns had taken by previous hosts ip.
    I dont know how but the A records for NS9 and NS10 were pointing to my old host ip. This was identified by BrianN. I just never bothered to check the ips as those were default settings and i assumed it would be correct.
    All Richard F. had to do was elaborate the "proper".
    Infact he expects all reseller to be a system admin.
    I dont resell accounts i just use reseller accounts to give my clients their own control panel if they ask for it.
    Anyhow I hope you get BrainN everytime I have a problem and i will never any complaints with Hostgator.