Webhosting and site template needed

Hello. I found EASDesign through these forums almost 2 years ago, and now use them as my personal host. Since I'm now setting up the online presence for a business, I want to do a bit more research before selecting a host. (Also, being unable to reach anyone at the phone number for EASDesign unsettled me slightly.)

The business is a small computer sales and repair shop in San Francisco that is looking to grow into some online sales and using a webfront to provide information to local potential customers to bring them into the shop. Currently, the store is run by the owner, myself, and one part-time employee.

As savvy as I am with hardware, I have little experience actually designing and maintaining a website, limited to when I ran the bulletin board for my online gaming guild. The site I made for myself was cumbersome and painful to work with, and will not do for a business.

What I need:
    -Email hosting
    -Site hosting
    -Site template
    -Assistance in setting up a system for updating the website

I am open to recommendations from people who are satisfied customers of a host, or to hearing the pitches from representatives of hosting services.

Thank you.

What is your budget?
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

I'm not looking for anything too expensive yet, right now I'm trying to grow the business to the point where we need expensive services.

I'm hoping to find something in the range of $15-40/month, depending on services. I know EASDesign sells templates for $50-200, which seems reasonable.

You can find also a host offering Site Builder, you can create your website online with that tools without the need of a template.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

36 also has some really neat looking templates, you might want to try them for your template. Their cheap too!

San Antonio, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGlobe
    -Assistance in setting up a system for updating the website

Thank you.

As far as templates go you've got a ton of options for those:
    There are free templates available on the net to download, but you would then need to edit with your info.
    There are also commercial templates you can purchase from template monster or various other places. Again you would need to edit it.
    Most hosts offer free site builders built into their hosting packages. One of those may work for you to get the site up and running.
    Another option you might consider is working with a freelance designer to purchase a template and they would possibly do the editing for you and upload your site...I would also ask your potential web host if they do design work. - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

If you're willing to spend up to $200 for a template, you might as well hire a freelance designer to create a fresh design. As for hosting, you wouldn't have any problem at all finding a reliable host at that cost. Good luck with your search!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

In canada
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGlobe
    I know EASDesign sells templates for $50-200, which seems reasonable.
    To be frank you do not need a template, you need a good billing script, if you own a store as that will help you process orders online too, without going through hassles of customers coming to store and paying and picking there stuff, they can browse your site, find what they need, order it in simple fashion online and if they are lazy will pay for shipping to their doorstep. But unless you just want local services and do not want to sell online.