I am DONE with Hostway - desperate for Buisness Class Hosting

Okay - after 2 weeks and numerous tickets and even phone calls to tech support I have given up on Hostway. I have 2 accounts with forwarding issues - emails being forwarded to blackberries are being delayed from 4 minutes to 48 hours !

I suspect it's a spam/ip black on BB side but Hostway has not been proactive addressing the issue at all and the problem still exisits.

There is another flaw on how their system is setup that I just discovered as well....u can only setup a email forward to 5 accounts (or bandaid it and do a round robin email forward to 2 email groups that have forwards in them to overcome this limitation)

Can anyone recommend a host with a reseller plan *or not* that meets the following
    - extrememly reliable and robust email services
    - preferably RELIABLE AND GOOD TECH SUPPORT (
    - excellent WebMail Funationality with good control user control where they adjust their own email forwarding or spam checking parameters - whitelist / blacklist

I am moving MX records asap as soon as I determine a host......
    HELP fellas

Over the past 15 years I have used a handful of different hosts. The only 2 I would feel comfortable recommending are pair Networks and Acunett.

It's been quite a while since I have used either, so I am not sure if they will meet all your needs. From what I do remember about both companies, they have excellent support.

I believe they both have Webmail (I know Acunett does) and both companies email servers had always been reliable during my time with them.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with HostWay - they looked like such a good company... looks can be deceiving however. I suggest you take a look at www.gate.com and www.easycgi.com. Both of those companies are very reliable companies, which offer just what you require (if I'm not mistaken).

As suggested above, be sure to look around in the offer section as well. There are plenty of companies that I'm sure are more than happy to have you as a client .

I have been using dathorn.com for 2+ years. They are an awesome webhosting company that only offer reseller plans.

They have always been quick to answer trouble tickets. There support team even helped me out on christmas-eve in 2004.

The only down-side to them is that they don't offer ruby on rails.

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong
    Can anyone recommend a host with a reseller plan *or not* that meets the following
    - excellent WebMail Funationality with good control user control where they adjust their own email forwarding or spam checking parameters - whitelist / blacklist

HELP fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Techpresence
    I suggest you take a look at www.gate.com and www.easycgi.com.
    Do you have experience with these hosts?

Godaddy support rocks..

Quote Originally Posted by window
    Godaddy support rocks..

I am not sure if majority agrees to this statement

Also a Hostway 'refugee'

Hello,
    I am also a Hostway 'refugee'. I was experiencing many of the same problems you were, as well as their abysmal support. If you want, I know someone who knows the CEO. I could (possibly) get his contact info if you wish. Personally, I didn't bother, and just decided to switch to hostmysite. Excellent support, email delivery is fast, never had any problems.
    Originally Posted by window
    Godaddy support rocks..

I am not sure if majority agrees to this statement
    I agree. I dealt wth their support for a client, and the rep had to ask their super to find out what version of IE they were running. I don't like to bash, so I will keep it at that.

Have you tried monsterhosting.ca business plans? They have a decent backup system in place from what I remember.
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

Hey, just out of curiosity, are you talking about Hostway US or UK? They operate fairly independently so it's good to know which as I'm with Hostway UK

You could try asmallorange.com you have to pay more but it is worth it. There support is fast and very reliable.

I've personally been fairly satisfied with Hostrocket compared to all of my other hosting experiences. Them and Steadfast Networks should be on any short list!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong
    Okay - after 2 weeks and numerous tickets and even phone calls to tech support I have given up on Hostway. I have 2 accounts with forwarding issues - emails being forwarded to blackberries are being delayed from 4 minutes to 48 hours !

I suspect it's a spam/ip black on BB side but Hostway has not been proactive addressing the issue at all and the problem still exisits.

There is another flaw on how their system is setup that I just discovered as well....u can only setup a email forward to 5 accounts (or bandaid it and do a round robin email forward to 2 email groups that have forwards in them to overcome this limitation)

HELP fellas
    Sorry man, this is sad, these are happening often, but if you find a good host, stay there
    Good luck!

Steadfast are also good try them out.

TechEvolution might be able to help you out. The owner uses his Blackberry all the time with no problems.

Can you not set up the Blackberry to check your pop account instead of forwarding it? That is what we do currently.

I would recommend Rackspace, MT and RZ
    Web Hosting Blog - An exclusive blog on Web Hosting Industry and hosting related topics.

I'll add my vote for Hosting Matters (my current host, for years now) or pair (where I've managed sites in the past). Both have excellent support teams.

I'm using www.intermedia.net since last 6 months for hosting a domain that is used for email only and I'm yet to see a downtime. They have a range of hosted MS exchange server plans that can be used with Blackberry.