In light of the requests for additional features even after our release of VSS 2.1.2 last week, we decided to add the features in a brand new release only days later. Now with framed viewing, editable categories, ad integration, and more RSS support then ever, we proudly present VideoSearchScript Pro 2.2.1!
For those of you familiar with the first two versions of VSS, many feeds were not supported if they didn't meet certain criteria. With FFMPEG support now added to the package, support is available for almost any content feed found online, including YouTube!
You are also able to sort your feeds by categories in the admin panel, have your users see a top frame when they view a video, and easily edit ads, all in one file!
What is it?
VideoSearchScript is a content indexing script inspired by Heggle.com. It uses RSS feeds to index content (whether it be videos, games, images, etc - it's completely up to you!). The script includes a clean layout which is very easy to customize with little or no PHP experience. It uses a PHP/MySQL backbone. Although designed to update every hour, you can have the script update at any custom interval!
- Browse and search all content
- Comment on content (if allowed by admin)
- Easy user registration system
- Browse and search all content
- Comment on content
- Track browsing history (if enabled)
- Add favorites
- Request RSS feeds be added
- Recieve mass emails from admin
- Make content searchable, not browsable (control what appears on home page)
- Delete unwanted content
- Enable/disable history feature
- Enable/disable comments system
- Enable/disable guest comment posting
- Allow/deny guests to view comments
- Customize signup emails
- Approve, deny, edit, or delete RSS feeds
- Make a feed only show up when 18+ is enabled by user
- Mass email all users (newsletters, announcements, etc.)
- Manage users (view details, delete users)
- Edit categories
- Add feeds to specific categories
- Edit all features, including ads, via a single config file
- Auto-index of content via RSS feeds
- Capable with not only videos, but virtually any other multimedia
- Framed video viewing
- PPC ad integration
Demo Admin Access
You can test the admin panel in the demo by typing "admin:video" (without quotes) into the above or below search bar. This will give you administrative access. You can see further admin links at the bottom of the page after gaining access.
What's New in 2.2.1?
- Categories! Have feeds categorized by theme, site...anything!
- Framed viewing: now your users still see your frame while they view a video
- FFMPEG support!
- Cron file made to run more smoothly, thumbnail detection updated
- Password recovery added for users
Obviously FFMPEG is the news of the day here, allowing VSS to pull feeds from the most popular video sites online, including YouTube!
Categories and ad integration are the biggest new features in 2.2.1, but they are many other small features that make your experience as the webmaster that much easier!
Once you complete payment, you will receive your welcome email and the ability to log into the PalSys client center to download your file. Activations are run every 30 minutes, all emails will be received within that timeframe.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or contact me personally. If you would like to see a particular feed in action, just let me know and I'll add it to the demo.
NOTE: If you are an existing client and haven't yet received notification of the update, you can log into the PalSys client centre at http://www.palsys.ca/clients to download the updated package!